Author Topic: 2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released  (Read 163593 times)

A Quiet Badger: are you playing blockland?
Eksi KNOWS ALREADY: NO I'M PLAYING loving TETRIS

I don't know why people are disappointed that there's no shaders. Everything else in the update makes up for it.

What do you mean "there's no shaders"?

What do you mean "there's no shaders"?
Meaning they cannot run them.

Meaning they cannot run them.

It sounded more like he was referring to the low amount of "shader effects" in use by default.

I don't know why people are disappointed that there's no shaders. Everything else in the update makes up for it.
Well ghee, ever since v21 was announced by kompressor, everyone wanted to see the realistic lighting.

I know it isn't intel, but should my graphics card handle shaders?
AMD Radeon HD 6630M

Well ghee, ever since v21 was announced by kompressor, everyone wanted to see the realistic lighting.

AMD Radeon HD 6630M

Doubtful.

GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20
http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/device/Radeon%20HD%206630M

AMD Radeon HD 6630M

I looked forward to it, but you also need to remember this is practically a test release. Support for shaders on Intel will most likely be added.

Anyways, I looked forward to it and was a bit disappointed when I found out I can't run them for now. But all the new features and bug fixes and performance fixes we have makes up for it. The Shaders was/is just the main focus.

Also, what's up with colorsets? As far as I know, I am unable to select colorsets because there is no option.
Maybe there is, maybe I'm just not seeing it.

i have the same exact question

If you don't remember, RTB is what included the option to change colorset in the first place.

That means this is not a v21 issue. Wait for RTB to update.

Btw, the game says v21, but the website says v20, so might wanna do a quick fix there.

Badspot could you please tell me if there is a type mask for the map plate? If there isn't I would really appreciate it if up you made one.