Author Topic: Welcome to SPAAAAAAACE  (Read 36831 times)

Nexus, be a dear an port all of ace's old slate space maps

link plz

OH RIGHT

I'll post when I get home

Do you make these yourself or create them from images? One or two with a large planet in the background would be cool.

Do you make these yourself or create them from images? One or two with a large planet in the background would be cool.
I used Spacescape and photoshop. Editing in a planet could be tricky.

http://the-vengeful-one.deviantart.com/art/SpaceScape-Tutorial-44286606?offset=30#comments

tl;dr

Elliptical tool -> fill circle with black -> spam difference clouds about twenty times -> apply plastic wrap filter (Highlight: 7, Detail: 5, Smoothness 2) -> new layer, spam more difference clouds, add film grain, set to overlay -> merge both -> duplicate planet layer, emboss and set to soft light with an opacity of 50% -> spherize both layers -> duplicate planet layer twice, lower lighting all the way for both -> set one layer above planet, one below -> set both to screen -> add inner shadow to top, mess around depending on light -> add outer glow to bottom, do whatever

voila planet

Nice. It will be realistic for my Space RP   :cookieMonster:

Uhm, when you download the server_mapProperties folder, where do you put it in the blockland folder?

Uhm, when you download the server_mapProperties folder, where do you put it in the blockland folder?

It is just a regular add on, you just need to put it in the add ons folder.  Then when starting a server, check the bubble next to it.  A solid white bubble means enabled

If you're going to be porting my Nova maps, please give me credit.  But for now, keep away from them, kay?

If you're going to be porting my Nova maps, please give me credit.  But for now, keep away from them, kay?

Was not planning on it/aware of maps.

check the bubble next to it.  A solid white bubble means enabled.
Thank you so much, I forgot about that, lol.. :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookie:

http://the-vengeful-one.deviantart.com/art/SpaceScape-Tutorial-44286606?offset=30#comments

tl;dr

Elliptical tool -> fill circle with black -> spam difference clouds about twenty times -> apply plastic wrap filter (Highlight: 7, Detail: 5, Smoothness 2) -> new layer, spam more difference clouds, add film grain, set to overlay -> merge both -> duplicate planet layer, emboss and set to soft light with an opacity of 50% -> spherize both layers -> duplicate planet layer twice, lower lighting all the way for both -> set one layer above planet, one below -> set both to screen -> add inner shadow to top, mess around depending on light -> add outer glow to bottom, do whatever

voila planet
Wow that's pretty complicated.

Thank you so much, I forgot about that, lol.. :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookie:

I got the checkbubbles backwards the first time I tried to start a game.  It looked like an empty white circle meant unchecked while a circle with a dot in it means checked, but as it turns out, that dot is meant to be transparent and therefor less filled than an empty circle.

Is they're a way to turn off the gravity, while in the space maps?