Author Topic: Blockland is becoming more of a realistic FPS engine than a building game (rant)  (Read 8079 times)

I have a 24/7 non-DM up.

Since OP didn't want to accept the facts, I've looked over the list and making a chart based on only the servers I would join.

BUILDING = 34.38%
COMBAT = 21.88%
RP = 18.75%
MISC = 25%
He'll probably read it but just incase not...

I think it's more about DM servers getting more players than any other, and the one's that do having the cod/bf3 circlejerk addons

I think it's more about DM servers getting more players than any other, and the one's that do having the cod/bf3 circlejerk addons
really, I wish people made tf2 like servers that actually use teamwork, like for taking down heavies, spy checking, etc

like for prop hunt, you can't play that by yourself expecting to when all by yourself

i've had plans and have been singleplayering
i'm pretty content right now, dunno bout you guys.

lots of the cool add-on ideas like the minecraft one (rember that?) never get complete, Its like the makers are quitters

The minecraft mod was a stuff idea.

Don't discount future projects because of a few bad apples.

Now separate the stuff servers from the good servers. ...What? You don't do this you're too glorious!

Thats just dumb, what is "good" is subjective.

After seeing those statistics I'm pretty much convinced you are totally wrong.

The minecraft mod was a stuff idea.

Don't discount future projects because of a few bad apples.
it had brian smith, I think port and lugnut, and some other good scripters

IF WE CAN'T MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THEN WE ARE SKREWD

really, drpg is the coolest thing as what i seen

atleast the people of who use the forum would consider this
also, we need creative weapons like this:

than guns, or atleast make a gun that isn't know for a lovey model
All the weapons I make are original, but hardly anyone uses them.

All the weapons I make are original, but hardly anyone uses them.
linky?

it had brian smith, I think port and lugnut, and some other good scripters

IF WE CAN'T MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THEN WE ARE SKREWD

really, drpg is the coolest thing as what i seen

It was screwed from the beginning. Its not a matter of what can and can't be done, its a matter of what is worth it.

If I recall the minecraft mod WAS made but it had bad reception.

it had brian smith, I think port and lugnut

lol...

dosnt sound at all like a good add on

Fine, I'm worse than adolf Riddler, thomas edison and the entirety of congress combined for trying to complain about a trend that has been done to death and that you can't get any players ever because of, even if you're hosting a spear dm, a cartoony stealth game or a beta of blockland main adventure mode. I must never talk again because literally everything that comes out of my mouth is dog snake and bull. I am a complete monster for trying to get a game to fit its visual style and theme. Everyone is god king of an universe of their own and I'm a roosterroach floating in space. Blockland is a certified FPS making engine and every game that comes out is a work of art better than Skyrim and Fallout NV combined and anyone who says otherwise is a heretic that must be purged with extreme prejudice.

...Yeah , I apologize for overreacting. The "fps guns" trend is still done to undeath though and should stop. My point was the 24/7 CoD combat servers take way too much players and leave none for innovative ones.
But most of you actually right and provide good points.

Except Face, he's a certified agressive douchebag who only posts in my threads to bash me for no reason.

To play a cool DM, you have to insert hour of building before.

Most people don't enjoy building, or feel uncomfortable with their building skill compared to the players who are better and feel persecuted. This is probably a result of the overall negative attitude of the community, but the point stands on its own. There's that, and most gamemodes ignore building. Building is the core mechanic of Blockland and the vast majority of games within Blockland ignore it.

I dislike DMs pretty much entirely - this is half because of latency what with my living in Australia, and half because they're bad. Oh, they're relatively good, relative to other DMs in Blockland, but ultimately they all end up bad because of the loose focus. You're throwing guns and damage in a building game and calling it a deathmatch game; of course it's going to be mediocre, and anyone with standards who isn't already bored six feet out of their skull will find it to be unenjoyable. Bushido's servers stand apart because his weapons tend to be at least balanced and consistent; moreover, because he runs a different thing almost every time, it's fresh and fun, and he often adds little extra flares to make his weapons different from one another rather than just being guns that shoot bullets.

Blockland is a building game, but it more or less falls into the "Sandbox" category, which means you can do whatever you like, including shoot overpowered weapons at each other.

I don't mind the TDM/DM servers all over the place when I'm just looking for a bit of fun to fill in time, because if you get bored of one, you can go to another pretty easily. However, actually attempting to host any server which either does not have a DM in it, or does not instantly start with 10+ players is a futile operation. Basically, making a pure building server isn't going to work, and even if you want help with building a DM people will probably ignore it and move on to one which is already built.