2012/08/18 - Blockland r1707

Author Topic: 2012/08/18 - Blockland r1707  (Read 25259 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Changes since r1701

• Deactivating a package should no longer cause packages after it to be deactivated - this was an old fix that I accidentally unfixed last update
  • Minor tweaks to Pirate DM, Two Ship DM game mode
  • Fixed crash related to joining a server with custom sounds
  • Fixed dedicated server crash related to debris that specifies a texture (hosting a dedicated server with Vehicle_MAS_SwarmFighter enabled would crash)
  • Bricks that are saved as LAN ownership (id 999999) will now load as yours rather than as id 999999 when loaded in an internet game
  • Fixed sizing of music scroll box in custom game gui
  • Fixed unreliable brick count - $Server::BrickCount is no longer used.  You should use getBrickCount() instead.
  • Fixed 3rd line of text appearing cut off in game mode descriptions
  • Can now set $Sky::windVelocity, $Sky::windEffectPrecipitation in .atmosphere files (can also set $EnvGuiServer::windVelocity, $EnvGuiServer::windEffectPrecipitation in gamemode.txt, see two ship dm for example)
  • Fixed transparent avatar parts rendering under ground/bricks
  • Fixed issue where moving water would stop working when environment was switched from advanced to simple and back
  • You can no longer send trust invites while in the $DefaultMinigame if building is disabled
  • Fixed some issues with fxWater effect under shaders
  • Minimum setShapeNameDistance reduced from 10 to 0
  • Server list scroll box now scrolls faster
  • Maximum step height of player now scales with player scale
  • Fixed player head sticking through ground when crouching on ground plane
  • Fixed pong save spawning bullets instead of pong projectiles
  • "Cancel" button on color picker gui now restores previous value
  • Added "random" button to environment gui
  • Sunflares now fade out as you turn away from them instead of suddenly disappearing (still has a slight issue in 3rd person)

Thanks. My crashes are fixed.

Yay for packaging being fixed again

What about the save related to crashing when saving bricks? This happens to me sometimes when I try to save. I always look at the console but it doesn't tell me about the crash.

Just for the record I have RTB and Ephi's Save Saver addon, maybe they are interfering?

forget

yes

Random Environments? This will be awesome.

What is setShapeNameDistance?

What is setShapeNameDistance?
used to set how close someone has to be to be able to see a player's name

Can you clarify on why that limit was added in the first place?

So we can't see Player's name anymore or what?

Badspot

• Administrator
What about the save related to crashing when saving bricks?

This is an impossible to diagnose ghost story.  I can't do anything without a method of reproducing the crash.  

So we can't see Player's name anymore or what?
No. So when we disable viewing them in a minigame they will not show up. But normally they will be normal.