Hosting service - Terminated!

Author Topic: Hosting service - Terminated!  (Read 30728 times)

The Hammereditor + Pacnet2012 hosting service is up for good. You might be thinking, "Why the @#$%???".

Yes, we share the same feelings as you. So sorry. Nooooo!

How?
One of our "rivals" or enemies probably reported us to our ISP, Verizon. Their terms of service said something along the lines of "You may not resell our service for a charge or without charge". And we didn't know. Now they sent a letter saying somebody has reported us, and even gave the link to our forum topic. Now we need to terminate this service within 7 days or we get no internet or TV.
They're probably going to monitor our bandwidth usage. I'm guessing if that they see steady curves over day and night, then they will think we're running servers of some sort.

Is this the end?
Well, probably yes. The only way for us to make a new hosting service would be to get good grades and behave well for a couple of months. Then we MAY be able to sell our tower server and get a dedicated one.

About 4 months ago, Kalphiter told me something similar to this in IRC:
"One day, you will figure out why you need a dedicated server in a datacenter.". Yes, Kalphiter, I understand now. 1: We have problems like this with the ISP, 2: Their upload speed is more than 10x as fast.

This hosting service was not a faliure when it was running. Now, because we made so many enemies and rivals, it is. :panda:

But at least the tower is not useless. I and Pacnet can host our own servers on it. Also, I can convert large video files ten times faster than my own computer.

What happens to my server?? (Users only)
Your server will be shut down immediately. You will be given 36 hours to download your Blockland folder, and all save files with FTP. After that, you can still get it but it will be through a slow file sharing site. After some time we will have to delete your Blockland folders. Eventually, though, your folder will have to be deleted.
If you have earned premium, it will be gone unless we make another hosting service.

I apologize to all of our clients. Also, the remote control will probably be shut down.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:43:53 PM by hammereditor² »

Now instead of pooling my money for RAM, I'm looking for graphics cards so I can run shaders without 5 FPS on low.

Nvm Misread Something

-Removed-

So instead of spending money for others you got greedy and shut down your hosting service for a Graphic Card? Nice.
:I

So instead of spending money for others you got greedy and shut down your hosting service for a Graphic Card? Nice.
Instead of donating and giving your money to your parents you bought 6 forum accounts? Nice.

shut down your hosting service for a Graphic Card? Nice.
Their terms of service said something along the lines of "You may not resell our service for a charge or without charge".

Eh no. Because of Lugnut.
idc if I get unbanned from his server or not anymore

I and Pacnet were saving up money fro RAM, but now since we don't have a service we don't need RAM. So the best thing I can do is use my share for a low-end graphics card.

The main point is that the service is gone and we're sorry about it.

Eh no. Because of Lugnut.
idc if I get unbanned from his server or not anymore
LUGNUT?! He-he-he wouldn't do this, are you sure?

Shut up you guys. I removed it I said I missed that part. God dammit.

LUGNUT?! He-he-he wouldn't do this, are you sure?
100%, he reported it.
Thanks lug!