Author Topic: Butler's 24/7 Minecraft Factions Server! -=REDUX=-  (Read 16311 times)

Info
I really liked Jorgur's/Nitramtj's server and since they are having trouble I decided that I would host one for a little bit. I have the same factions plugin that Jorgur was using, I'm not sure if he was using any other plugins. The server uses 1gb of RAM, I can raise it to 2gb if the need arises.

Funny story, I didn't fix the problem. I just circumvented it by using the new computer to play Minecraft instead of my laptop. Working out well I think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will work on the permission system... eventually. For now, however, the only commands accessible are the commands listed under "/f help" Unless someone feels like doing them for me.......?? PM me if you are willing

For those who do not already know, my in game name is "Erythros"

Address

mcfactions.us.to

Plugins

Massivecraft Factions -- A factions plugin.

None of the previous ones (CombatTag and SafeCreeper) because they have not been updated to the latest CraftBukkit build.

Gallery

Coming soon...

Blacklist
The previous blacklist has been cleared.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:57:50 PM by Butler »

I AM READy
SO READY
TRUELO IS HERE
no goonsquad PLS

get the mulitple teleports plugin so we can type /home or /home mineshaft1

Hey Butler, if you can, build a spawn shop for people to use.

Really mixes things up.

Hey Butler, if you can, build a spawn shop for people to use.

Really mixes things up.

So you can get a stuffload of TNT and grief everyone?

So you can get a stuffload of TNT and grief everyone?
No, shops help people build up big bases faster because they remove the need for endless strip mining for seemingly valueless materials like cobblestone. Most shops are set up so that it takes numbers of diamonds to buy one tnt.

And I repeat, it's not griefing. This is the point of the server.

Server will eventually be "improved" by Seventh with his "incredible knowledge" of faction "mechanics and gameplay." I'll be sure to join and "totally not waste 30 minutes building up my resources and such only to be immediately 'the point' by Seventh."

i'm going to betray EVERYONE

I would like to see only two factions fighting because it ends up having one or two people wandering twenty miles somewhere and hiding from everyone else.

Two factions join one when you enter or be a raider or something.

I an entire faction in the last one of these where i killed several people in full diamond armor and wrecked all their stuff.

Server will eventually be "improved" by Seventh with his "incredible knowledge" of faction "mechanics and gameplay." I'll be sure to join and "totally not waste 30 minutes building up my resources and such only to be immediately 'the point' by Seventh."
The reason you think I ruined your idea of factions is because your idea of factions is wrong.

You would have been destroyed by someone else, maybe not if it was a Blockland server since the vast majority of you have no idea what you're doing. But if you were playing on another server where even one person knows how to build a safe base, knows how to farm cash in the iConomy store, and knows how to raid, you would be killed faster than I did it.

Think back to when people were yelling at me for playing the game on that other Blockland faction server. The server admin came from the same servers where the point was hardcore PVP, and when you guys started complaining because I raided you, the admin ignored you. That's because you guys only had the experience of playing on a tiny faction server where the risk of annihilation is less. So naturally, the second I raid one person, you guys start complaining that I'm, "Breaking the rules!" (whether or not the rules even said I couldn't do that).

From my experience, every single Blockland faction has made of been people wanting to grief other people after they get their base set up with weapons, but then they cry when they get killed. So yeah, if you want to call me an starfish, don't do the exact same thing I did to you, to other people. Or even better, don't complain when you get killed. Salvage what you can, move, build a better base faster, and then continue playing. Every instance where someone gets a win on me, either by raiding/breaking my base, stealing my armor (you know who you are :(), or robbing me, I start over and try again. This is what the game is like.

So here's my advice, if you're going to join a Blockland faction server thinking nobody gets raided or destroyed, try one of the really popular faction servers with 100+ people on them constantly. The only reason your idea of factions is severely warped is because you guys only play with servers that only have 30 people on them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:04:30 PM by SeventhSandwich »

The reason you think I ruined your idea of factions is because your idea of factions is wrong.

You would have been destroyed by someone else, maybe not if it was a Blockland server since the vast majority of you have no idea what you're doing. But if you were playing on another server where even one person knows how to build a safe base, knows how to farm cash in the iConomy store, and knows how to raid, you would be killed faster than I did it.

Think back to when people were yelling at me for playing the game on that other Blockland faction server. The server admin came from the same servers where the point was hardcore PVP, and when you guys started complaining because I raided you, the admin ignored you. That's because you guys only had the experience of playing on a tiny faction server where the risk of annihilation is less. So naturally, the second I raid one person, you guys start complaining that I'm, "Breaking the rules!" (whether or not the rules even said I couldn't do that).

From my experience, every single Blockland faction has made of been people wanting to grief other people after they get their base set up with weapons, but then they cry when they get killed. So yeah, if you want to call me an starfish, don't do the exact same thing I did to you, to other people. Or even better, don't complain when you get killed. Salvage what you can, move, build a better base faster, and then continue playing. Every instance where someone gets a win on me, either by raiding/breaking my base, stealing my armor (you know who you are :(), or robbing me, I start over and try again. This is what the game is like.

So here's my advice, if you're going to join a Blockland faction server thinking nobody gets raided or destroyed, try one of the really popular faction servers with 100+ people on them constantly. The only reason your idea of factions is severely warped is because you guys only play with servers that only have 30 people on them.
you act like anyone cares what you have to say

im all for the shop, but only make the money used for buying items from it.

and if you do sell gunpowder, make it really expensive to buy but not too expensive to sell.

you act like anyone cares what you have to say

wow, you're an starfish.