Rant about some of the Weapons we Have

Poll

Agree?

Yes
96 (78.7%)
No
26 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: Rant about some of the Weapons we Have  (Read 7177 times)

Even though it's not realistic, at least it should look functional.
Am i glad you are not a handed weapon modeler.
If you ever do that i will come to your house and personally argue with you about it until you fall asleep.
But after you wake up, i am still not done with you. >:|

I really don't understand the gripe with player hands.

From what I hear people don't like them because:
They make your arms "stretch".
They don't match your avatar.

..and that's all I see from that side of the argument.

This topic gets my - support. All this topic does is limit how addons can be made and customized.
Make a new list for me. Make it the oppose list and put me on it.

Am i glad you are not a handed weapon modeler.
If you ever do that i will come to your house and personally argue with you about it until you fall asleep.
But after you wake up, i am still not done with you. >:|
If I ever do what? make a weapon with hands?

What we have to understand is that the majority of the players are idiots who only spend their time in this game on TDM's and commenting add-ons in the mod manager completely ignoring that this is a lego building game. Those people want hands, reloading animations and ironsights because it supposedly adds fun to the gameplay. Modders listen to these idiots because their downloads matter the most. They are the majority of the community.

Please don't get me wrong, i hate the realism too but we just have to accept that all the modders just want to make stuffty weapons that lag like hell when you try to use 'em because of the majority that wants this stupid stuff. We as people who want the realism out from mods are a minority. Just asking around the forum for "Do you accept this?" is like asking a group of homoloveuals do they like women and then taking the results as some kind of proof that every man in the world is gay.

/support

I have an alias as Tuevon, ingame.

And yes, it's dumb.  I tried modeling with hands, and it looks just dumb.

-snip-
I see no problem with the ironsights on some guns.  Bushi's Sniper Carbine is fun as hell to use with ironsights.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:43:41 AM by SWAT One »

Another thing about the hands that seriously bugs me is that the player's left arm never goes up to make it look like they're actually reaching the weapon. People seriously need to solve this as well.

i agree with you on a couple points but theres no reason in forcing your opinion upon others about weapons
people can, have, and will continue to make theirs in all these ways and more. put me on the opposers list.
i dont even like hands i just think you're wrong

I'm on the list twice? Sweet!
Zay
patton360
Dr_Zegobob
Trollboat
Trogtor
Electrk
Sgt.Sandman1324
Ceist
YourBuddyBill
Cool Boi
Dr_Zegobob
Thank you so much and full support.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:36:34 PM by Dr_Zegobob »

commandstring("Class");

defineclass();

d=cmdtoserver;

d(support);

return();

Find as much possible errors and correct them, gogogo.

I'm on the list twice? Sweet!Thank you so much and full support.
Woops lol.

If I ever do what? make a weapon with hands?
Yes.
I dare you.
I double dare you.
I really don't understand the gripe with player hands.

From what I hear people don't like them because:
They make your arms "stretch".
They don't match your avatar.

..and that's all I see from that side of the argument.

This topic gets my - support. All this topic does is limit how addons can be made and customized.
Make a new list for me. Make it the oppose list and put me on it.
I agree though i also disagree with this topic.
I would like to see more things without the all realism aiming things, but i am not on a crusade against handed weapons.

Do mind that this topic is not only about hands on the weapons.

I hate it when people talk about "Realistic" weapons on the game. Like having a bunch of stupid instant-kill, low-quality guns is fun. This is a lego game. Not call of duty. I hate SGT. A. Walters weapons the most. They are horrible. Next up is probably Gravity Cat's modern guns.

Bushido's tier tactical is the perfect balance. I love his guns. They manage to maintain that cartoonish feel to them while having acceptable realistic aspects to them. They have beautiful models and great sounds and animations and perfect damage outputs. Gravity cat's and SGT. A. Walters guns possess none of these qualities. They have choppy low-quality models, bad animations, bad sounds, and in general just have this bad feeling to them that I compare to a bad interior terrain map, whereas Bushido's guns remind me of a beautiful brick build.

Yes.
I dare you.
I double dare you.
loel makin 1 rite NAO U CANT FIND ME LORDICIAN NOBODY CAN