Author Topic: Gaben confirms Source2 engine  (Read 4266 times)

I want models to have a total of 64 available slots for SMDs, the current of 32 or whatever is not enough space for 36 bodygroups

(it's the only way i can make the hands on my clock model to be adjustable, all other ways have failed, so yeah, i want a higher bodygroup limit just for one insignificant model :cookieMonster:)

please
increased map size limit
increased map size limit
increased map size limit
increased map size limit

:panda:
An ACTUAL modding system

haha yeah right

Valve doesn't care about modding, it cares about money.

Valve doesn't care about modding, it cares about money.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/

You're not even a good troll.

please
increased map size limit
increased map size limit
increased map size limit
increased map size limit

:panda:

more like an editor that isn't from 1998

hammer is terrible. compare it to something more modern like the crysis sandbox with its real-time lighting and in-game testing and hammer feels ancient.

more like an editor that isn't from 1998

hammer is terrible. compare it to something more modern like the crysis sandbox with its real-time lighting and in-game testing and hammer feels ancient.
1996* 

I actually do really like hammer though.  Something with the same controls/editing style with added realtime lighting updates would be great.  As long as it's still brush based.  That's something I absolutely hate about modern engines.

Level design is becoming really boring with the only theme being "currogated metal or concrete buildings in terrain".  Plus, what's the point of having something not require compiling for lighting and such when it's entirely model based?  You still have to compile models and such, so you're not getting much of a benefit.  Also, you can't design a good level with models.  It's not easy to knock out a layout to test. 

In game testing sucks right now.  I would very much rather run the entire game each time I want to test.  You cannot test a map properly in a viewport.  Sure, you can check if you screwed up, but that isn't a problem when you're building it in the engine, that shouldn't happen like it does now.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/

You're not even a good troll.
Wow, 100% items, weapons, and hats. Yeah those are all "mods".

Making a mod for a server is something anyone can d-

Nah, it's very hard and Valve doesn't give a stuff about making its games better.

TBH Valve looks good and is good becuase mostly every other game developer looks stuff in comparison.

Wow, 100% items, weapons, and hats. Yeah those are all "mods".

Making a mod for a server is something anyone can d-

Nah, it's very hard and Valve doesn't give a stuff about making its games better.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=72850&browsesort=trend entirely mods
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=620&browsesort=trend entirely maps
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=4000&browsesort=trend Add-ons, saves

We're talking about Source here, excuse me for not including "maps" in that, but map-making is a bitch anyway.

Valve's stuffty mod support as usual. :/

Not exactly sure what you're getting at. These games have (poor) modding systems made by the community; Valve could make a great system right out-of-the-box but decides not to. Stop defending a greedy company.

Try writing a client mod or modifying some client functions. Ha, you'll have to go through some preapproval process for your mod and if you don't, you cannot join VAC severs. On top of that, it's very difficult to actually write the code. Sorry to burst your infatuation for Valve.

Not exactly sure what you're getting at. These games have (poor) modding systems made by the community; Valve could make a great system right out-of-the-box but decides not to. Stop defending a greedy company.

Try writing a client mod or modifying some client functions. Ha, you'll have to go through some preapproval process for your mod and if you don't, you cannot join VAC severs. Sorry to burst your infatuation for Valve.
Those games ARE mods.  And there's your problem.  You're trying to modify crucial dlls.  Yeah, Valve is corrupt for catching on to your cheating.

Valve isn't greedy, they're just lazy :o

Those games ARE mods.  And there's your problem.  You're trying to modify crucial dlls.  Yeah, Valve is corrupt for catching on to your cheating.
Hold on, let me dig up the much better solution Valve could have used but instead locked out legitimate modders.

In game testing sucks right now.  I would very much rather run the entire game each time I want to test.  You cannot test a map properly in a viewport.  Sure, you can check if you screwed up, but that isn't a problem when you're building it in the engine, that shouldn't happen like it does now.
crysis sandbox in-game testing literally runs the game inside the editor, and it can go full-screen. everything works almost exactly the same (except for some weird physics bugs in the editor). the best part is that when you press the button, you are instantly in-game. then you can press escape to go right back to editing.

this, for example, is in-game testing with the crysis sandbox.