Author Topic: 2012/11/16 - Blockland r1766  (Read 91239 times)

Well I have no clue what is going on, but I have tried various things and I still cannot pick up a ball in a mini game.

why the hell would anybody need a GPU like that

a GTX 600+ could pretty much run any game that exists right now on highest graphical settings, and the newest in the series (GTX 690) costs $1000

Two words: render farm.  Sitting around waiting for After Effects to do its thing is really aggravating when you're on a deadline.  Flame's even worse, but if you can afford Flame, you're probably sitting on a custom rig built by them.

why the hell would anybody need a GPU like that

a GTX 600+ could pretty much run any game that exists right now on highest graphical settings, and the newest in the series (GTX 690) costs $1000
looool its not a gamers card. its designed to work with things like Photoshop and 3dsmax. its made for professionals that can throw away $15000+ like its nothing. it allows them to work faster on projects, like movies, because its designed specifically for those kinds of projects.

Well I have no clue what is going on, but I have tried various things and I still cannot pick up a ball in a mini game.
I was having that issue too, I'm hosting a dodgeball server and I noticed that the ball only works if I'm in the mini-game. When I leave the server or mini-game, the game is unplayable for everyone because the player cannot pick up the ball. I'm trying to make a gamemode for the server, but I'm still unsure of how to fix it. I already tried loading the save as public.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:27:31 AM by Dr_Zegobob »

131 FPS max, always tops off at 80, but has been as low as 2 FPS before(Busido's server).Whats your budget?
if you can afford it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814132007
not worth it.
this has much better value: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133347

This might be irrelevant to the update, but is there any way to turn off shader quality affecting fog?
Is there?

ahem better physics for vehicles ahem

so someone tell me why people are throwing around links for expensive as forget graphics cards

yeah, maybe when i'm not 15 i'll be able to buy that stuff

The GTX 690 is meant for gaming that utilizes triple 2560x1600 monitors on a single card. It was purposely overbuilt by NVIDIA.

Its still not for professional things - that is for the Quadro series.

The GTX 690 is meant for gaming that utilizes triple 2560x1600 monitors on a single card. It was purposely overbuilt by NVIDIA.

Its still not for professional things - that is for the Quadro series.

Actually, after reading up some more, stuff like the Quadro and Tesla are built to an even higher spec than that- they're used as high-power processors for HPC projects like protein folding.

I have a GTX 560 and I can run basically any game on max settings with little to no lag, why the hell would you need a 4 grand graphics card.

I have a GTX 560 and I can run basically any game on max settings with little to no lag, why the hell would you need a 4 grand graphics card.

See above.  It's more for use as a super-high-powered CPU in a distributed computing project.

It's not like anybody who plays blockland is a person who plays on a professional card.

It wouldn't run very well on a professional card.