34 (14.2%)
Other
19 (7.9%)
Bapist
1 (0.4%)
Merica
11 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 239

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 11023 times)

I do have opinions on religion but I don't inflict it upon other people.
More people should do this
Heck I've even met bronies who make a point of this behavior

....gaza, right?
What about Gaza? I'm not from there but I am Palestinian. West bank though, not Gaza strip.

I really dislike this thread.
I personally don't think religion is something that should be discussed with anyone but close friends and family.
How do you think 90% of wars are started.
Just saying...

I really dislike this thread.
I personally don't think religion is something that should be discussed with anyone but close friends and family.
How do you think 90% of wars are started.
Just saying...
I am a pretty chill guy when it comes to religion and I try to respect everyone's beliefs, even if it conflicts with mine. I hardly talk about my religion on here but I am proud of it nonetheless. I find that religions are fascinating and I also think everyone should read about them in depth instead of just assuming things about them. I think assumptions and events related to that religion are what many people base there thoughts on, and I try to avoid that bias when I read about religions.

I am a pretty chill guy when it comes to religion and I try to respect everyone's beliefs, even if it conflicts with mine. I hardly talk about my religion on here but I am proud of it nonetheless. I find that religions are fascinating and I also think everyone should read about them in depth instead of just assuming things about them. I think assumptions and events related to that religion are what many people base there thoughts on, and I try to avoid that bias when I read about religions.
I'm not falling for this bs terrorist.
jks count ur hote

I find that religions are fascinating and I also think everyone should read about them in depth instead of just assuming things about them. I think assumptions and events related to that religion are what many people base there thoughts on, and I try to avoid that bias when I read about religions.
This, but on top of that, I think it's good that people know about other religions. If we only listened to what we were taught growing up instead of considering the beliefs of other religions, everyone would have the exact same beliefs as their parents, not what they truly think is the correct way of doing things.
Also, the teachings of other religions can also be useful and valuable, even if one doesn't agree with another religion in its entirety.

Also why is there no "Amish" in the poll

This, but on top of that, I think it's good that people know about other religions. If we only listened to what we were taught growing up instead of considering the beliefs of other religions, everyone would have the exact same beliefs as their parents, not what they truly think is the correct way of doing things.
Also, the teachings of other religions can also be useful and valuable, even if one doesn't agree with another religion in its entirety.
What's funny about many religions is that they have many common good traits and if only religious leaders focused on these instead of smaller differences, I believe everyone could coexist better.

What's funny about many religions is that they have many common good traits and if only religious leaders focused on these instead of smaller differences, I believe everyone could coexist better.
It's a sad part of the human condition to notice negativity far more than positivity. With many people, positive reactions could be displayed all day about their work, but one or two negative reactions can really hurt them, much more than the positive ones can make them happier.

The problem is that most religious texts conflict with other religious texts, and the "true believers" in a religion as an actual religion and not a set of principles by which to abide see others as claiming their religious text is the truth which is indirectly claiming that your religious text is false.

I see no problem with religion if it is the framework by which people are taught morals. I only object to religions with morally wrong content - such as the treatment of women promoted by Muslims. Even then, the person in question who believes that might not believe every part of it, and might reject the parts of it that are terrible. By acknowledging that I can accept that someone might believe in the core beliefs of a religion I think is abhorrent, but may not be a bad person themselves. It's all about personal beliefs, and it's often easier to say "I'm Christian" than describe every part of what you believe. It's like a musical genre - it's all about categorization.

The Vatican can go forget themselves, though.

The problem is that most religious texts conflict with other religious texts, and the "true believers" in a religion as an actual religion and not a set of principles by which to abide see others as claiming their religious text is the truth which is indirectly claiming that your religious text is false.

I see no problem with religion if it is the framework by which people are taught morals. I only object to religions with morally wrong content - such as the treatment of women promoted by Muslims. Even then, the person in question who believes that might not believe every part of it, and might reject the parts of it that are terrible. By acknowledging that I can accept that someone might believe in the core beliefs of a religion I think is abhorrent, but may not be a bad person themselves. It's all about personal beliefs, and it's often easier to say "I'm Christian" than describe every part of what you believe. It's like a musical genre - it's all about categorization.

The Vatican can go forget themselves, though.
Well, concerning Islam and women, mistreatment of women usually occurs as a traditional thing rather than a religious thing, which gets mixed up constantly. If you go to a place like Afghanistan, women are certainly treated differently than a place such as the west bank, even though both practice Islam as a majority. My mother is an equal with my dad, and he has never lifted a hand on her, which is the case in most marriages in my country as well. My point is, humans focus on differences because in this world it seems to be a constant struggle to be better than everyone else. Clashes are inevitable true, but violence can always be avoided and verbal debating is the best way to go with religion.

Well, concerning Islam and women, mistreatment of women usually occurs as a traditional thing rather than a religious thing, which gets mixed up constantly. If you go to a place like Afghanistan, women are certainly treated differently than a place such as the west bank, even though both practice Islam as a majority. My mother is an equal with my dad, and he has never lifted a hand on her, which is the case in most marriages in my country as well. My point is, humans focus on differences because in this world it seems to be a constant struggle to be better than everyone else. Clashes are inevitable true, but violence can always be avoided and verbal debating is the best way to go with religion.
do you enjoy praying 200 times a day

do you enjoy praying 200 times a day
It's five thank you, and we see it as "the least we can do" for God for creating us.