34 (14.2%)
Other
19 (7.9%)
Bapist
1 (0.4%)
Merica
11 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 239

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 11020 times)

I don't believe in anything. It's beyond human comprehension (if at all there is anything to interpret or understand in the first place).

Well, concerning Islam and women, mistreatment of women usually occurs as a traditional thing rather than a religious thing, which gets mixed up constantly. If you go to a place like Afghanistan, women are certainly treated differently than a place such as the west bank, even though both practice Islam as a majority. My mother is an equal with my dad, and he has never lifted a hand on her, which is the case in most marriages in my country as well. My point is, humans focus on differences because in this world it seems to be a constant struggle to be better than everyone else. Clashes are inevitable true, but violence can always be avoided and verbal debating is the best way to go with religion.
I guess that's true - but that tradition is, as far as I can tell, rooted in religion. As are a lot of traditions, unfortunately, especially the ridiculous ones. Still, for accepting something like that simply because of tradition or religion only reflects on you as a bad person, less on where you learned it from.

Also why is there no "Amish" in the poll
How/why would an Amish be using a computer to vote in the poll?

How/why would an Amish be using a computer to vote in the poll?
They might not be a very good Amish person.

I'm an Atheist but was born and christened as a member of the Church of England and for a number of years went to Sunday School and church service, although my parents didn't.

I'm technically still a member of the CoE and am filled in as one on the Census, but I don't practice and have an atheist mindset.
I still respect and appreciate the church though.

Out of curiosity because I've only gotten answers from a few people to this:
What exactly do you mean when you say you're agnostic?
Just saw that now.

I mean, I believe in god, but I don't worship him.
I also don't believe in 99% of the bible

Oh god this topic got huge in two days. Should i lock this topic?

>locks for getting big
>locks for people discussing if atheism is a religion
yeah you're a horrible op.

No. Topics on religion die off after a little while anyway.

People are still giving proper answers to the question in the topic.

And arguments tend to be relatively short-lived.

Plus, since you've already given people the chance to argue over religion it's better to just let it run it's course than to brush it under the carpet.

No. Topics on religion die off after a little while anyway.

People are still giving proper answers to the question in the topic.

And arguments tend to be relatively short-lived.

Plus, since you've already given people the chance to argue over religion it's better to just let it run it's course than to brush it under the carpet.
i would like debating not fighting but it's not as bad as i thought

It's five thank you, and we see it as "the least we can do" for God for creating us.

human sacrifice

Just saw that now.

I mean, I believe in god, but I don't worship him.
I also don't believe in 99% of the bible
Does Deism sound like you?
Agnosticism is "the existance of god can't be proven or disproven" and has little to do with actual belief/lack of belief.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:58:28 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I'm suprised by the polls results.

Then agian, this is the Blockland Forums

I'm an athiest.

I mean no offence towards anyone who may think differently, but I think religion was simply a way to explain things that couldn't be explained at the time. But when science came around, there was no more need for religion. Anyway, that's how I feel.