Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Chrisbot6's Renderman Mod - v3 Released!  (Read 146863 times)

No, I'm not forcing anyone download those files.
I asked if those files could be made server-sided,
but becausethat's not going to happen,
I need to tell people why they don't hear those
soundsThey ask that thing a lot..., and
how they get those files in easiest way.
Sorry, that's impossible. See above.

The easiest way to shorten loading times when playing renderman servers is by already having the renderman mod. Just make sure you don't accidentally turn it on when you're doing singleplayer.

Sorry, that's impossible. See above.

The easiest way to shorten loading times when playing renderman servers is by already having the renderman mod. Just make sure you don't accidentally turn it on when you're doing singleplayer.
Yep. I'm a patient fellow, I always DL sounds, music and textures, and I wish other people had the patience to do so as well. When I finally finish a mod (if I do), I'll include a separate addon pack for all the sounds, music, and textures that it will pull from, so I can just give the s/m/t pack download link and everyone can load faster.

There needs to be a way to trip a renderman attack on someone as SA. Also on my server after I've had the mod enabled for a while it seems renderman attacks get VERY infrequent. As in maybe one attack every like 30 minutes. After I had my server going all night it literally stopped working at all.

There needs to be a way to trip a renderman attack on someone as SA. Also on my server after I've had the mod enabled for a while it seems renderman attacks get VERY infrequent. As in maybe one attack every like 30 minutes. After I had my server going all night it literally stopped working at all.
That's wierd.

I'll add a method to force renderattack someone to v3. As for the server thing, I think it's do do with simtime inaccuracies and schedules. I'll look into it.

(By look into it I mean post about it in Coding Help and hope someone explains what the forget is happening here)

I DL'd the mod but I didn't get the Renderman detector item... What did I do wrong?

I DL'd the mod but I didn't get the Renderman detector item... What did I do wrong?
You don't automatically get a Renderman Detector. Spawn one with the wrench.

I would create a server for this but nobody would play it so it's not worth the trouble.

One thing I noticed is your addons causes some serious console spam.
Add-Ons/Support_Rendermen/server.cs (667): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'bottomPrint' BackTrace: ->Player::CanSeeLoop
is spammed frequently on my server. Might want to fix that.

Also, for some reason, any time I am on the server it seems renderman attacks are way less frequent and deadly (usually only killing one or two people), but if I leave it will be way more frequent and killing more people (usually 4+ on a 30 person server). Like literally a couple minutes after I leave there will be an attack like every 3-4 minutes but when I join it just shoots down to like 15+.

edit: also the console error spam ultimately leads to the server crashing. It's pretty unstable right now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:54:31 PM by DaSord213 »

forget. me, John Freeman, Steve5451, Wynd and Matrix Man all played this in a pitch black ACM city, it's loving scary.

Me and Hawk were doing a Private Renderman hunt. It was the two of us only. And then he said he went AFK I think. And then I started hearing the THUMP footstep noise. I got freaked out so I decided to build a house.
Before I even planted my first brick, About 10-20 Rendermen in groups appeared. I nearly stuff my pants. I was in shock. So I did not take a screenshot.

One thing I noticed is your addons causes some serious console spam.
Add-Ons/Support_Rendermen/server.cs (667): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'bottomPrint' BackTrace: ->Player::CanSeeLoop
is spammed frequently on my server. Might want to fix that.

Also, for some reason, any time I am on the server it seems renderman attacks are way less frequent and deadly (usually only killing one or two people), but if I leave it will be way more frequent and killing more people (usually 4+ on a 30 person server). Like literally a couple minutes after I leave there will be an attack like every 3-4 minutes but when I join it just shoots down to like 15+.

edit: also the console error spam ultimately leads to the server crashing. It's pretty unstable right now.
Console errors can't crash a server. Something else broke it.

I'm working on them, though, and know the cause.

Update!

Macguyverthehero (ID 5957) has made an awsome slenderman variation of the mod with new sounds and a different enemy! You can find the link under the main mod's download link.

Thanks again, mac.

As seen in macgyver's videos - shoot him dead within a second of attacking you and he can't do anything!

He doesn't die, though. He can't die.
wait how'd you shoot him dead when you cant?
i find that very confusing

Kinda sounds like slenderman

renderman is based of slenderman but blocky

I made him immortal in v2. Should have mentioned that earlier.

He's still made killable by mods that mess with the aiplayer class like gamemode_zombie and event_bots