Math Problems

Author Topic: Math Problems  (Read 6111 times)

Nobody's trying to solve my problem :c
it requires kinematics which maybe ~%25 of people here know. i'd solve it but i'm totally and utterly done with physics.

172x + 2y = 0

challenge!!!!!!
y=172x/2=86x
--> 172x + 86x = 0
253x=0
==> x = 0
y = 86*0 = 0

==> (0,0)

but yes there are infinitely many solutions, among which are (1,-86) and (-1, 86).. basically any multiple of those.

tan(arcsin(-3/5))

bump again.

I have a test tomorrow and one of the things I need to know is discrete and continuous data. The book didn't explain it well enough and I'm confused, help pls.

If a triangle is a 30,60,90 triangle and the value for the side opposite of the 30 degrees is equal to 5 what are the lengths of the other 2 sides.

If a triangle is a 30,60,90 triangle and the value for the side opposite of the 30 degrees is equal to 5 what are the lengths of the other 2 sides.
5 rad 3 and 10?

log3(1/9) = log2X

the sides opposite to 60 and 90 both have to be greater than 5,
but the side opposite to 90 must also be greater than the side opposite to 60.
nevermind im no help

edit: wait wait wait, this is a right triangle. we only know the length of one of the legs, is it even possible to find the length of the other leg and hypotenuse with just this information?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:17:14 PM by .:FancyPants:. »

30 degrees = 5
60 degrees = 8.66
90 degrees = 10

then again im horrible at wording problems.
5 rad 3 and 10?

log3(1/9) = log2X
I have no idea what you just did.

Im stuck in this wicked easy geometry class :( I just got a quiz back and I got a 106 on it.

nevermind im no help

edit: wait wait wait, this is a right triangle. we only know the length of one of the legs, is it even possible to find the length of the other leg and hypotenuse with just this information?
Yes. For 30,60,90 triangles it always goes by this
if the 30 degree side is Y then
60 degree side = Y * sqrt (3)
90 degree side = Y * 2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:21:04 PM by SlayerZ99 »

nevermind im no help

yes. with right triangle trigonometry all you need is an angle that isn't 90 and a side.

Thread name should be do someones math homework and someone does yours in return
(dont count this)

Guys.
I need to be mathematized!
Holy cow, that's actually a word.

Gosh, this thread is even worse than school RP's.