Father is hospitalized, what do?

Author Topic: Father is hospitalized, what do?  (Read 2551 times)

Hi, guys. My father, who was been both a mother and father figure in my life, is hospitalized. He is 69, and has bad heart problems. He had a heart attack this morning and I can't go visit him right now ;_;

This is tearing me apart inside. What do I do? How do I deal with this?

Oh, and this is the first time in my life someone close to me has been SERIOUSLY hospitalized, all the other times were chainsaw cuts and such, so this has a much bigger effect on me than would be expected, especially because he might die.

He's always been the light in my life, that one person who could always turn a sad day into a good one. I always looked forward to coming home because he would be there.

As soon as you're able to, visit him. I hope he'll be alright.

spend time close to him, just my opinion  

condolences

but wow, 69 with a 14 year old son? these sorts of situations are exactly why you dont wait that long to have kids

As soon as you're able to, visit him. I hope he'll be alright.
spend time close to him, just my opinion   
Problem is he's in intensive care right now or something so can't visit him ATM :C

condolences

but wow, 69 with a 14 year old son? these sorts of situations are exactly why you dont wait that long to have kids
He didn't wait that long.

He's had 4 kids throughout his life, I was accidental.

He's had 4 kids throughout his life, I was accidental.
How old is your mom

How old is your mom
No clue, I've never met her. She's always been a drug addict, and nearly killed me when I was but a toddler. My father got divorced and got a restraining order, so I've never met her.

No clue, I've never met her. She's always been a drug addict, and nearly killed me when I was but a toddler. My father got divorced and got a restraining order, so I've never met her.
well thats.. probably for the best

well thats.. probably for the best
Probably. Problem is, if he dies. Either go with A. my brother that has no idea how to be a father and really is an starfish sometimes, B. my other brother thats really lazy and can't keep himself doing something for long, or C. my aunt with severe financial problems, or D. my mother, as a last resort.

This is how I felt when I found out my dad passed away, my life felt meaningless. But I soon realized that my dad IS here with me. He has contacted me inside of my dreams saying, "it's okay, John".
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:32:31 PM by Elecro »

This is how I felt when I found out my dad passed away, my life felt meaningless, I wanted to end it. But I soon realized that my dad IS here with me. He has contacted me inside of my dreams saying, "it's okay, John".
He did not "contact" you, your brain made up a dream to process things you didn't understand/get over yet, like it does every other night.
pls keep religion bullstuffe out of this thxhas nothing to do with religion
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:34:39 PM by Blocki »

He did not "contact" you, your brain made up a dream to process things you didn't understand/get over yet, like it does every other night.
pls keep religion bullstuffe out of this thx

I am not even in a religion. I know for a fact that it was real.

This is how I felt when I found out my dad passed away, my life felt meaningless. But I soon realized that my dad IS here with me. He has contacted me inside of my dreams saying, "it's okay, John".
and we still all think you're full of stuff