Poll

buy?

Yes
2 (20%)
No
3 (30%)
Uhrmm, maybe, let me play the Demo first.
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: SickBrick (Sci fi FPS)  (Read 1601 times)

SickBrick is an action-oriented Sci-Fi FPS with modern graphics and oldschool gameplay inspired by Portal and Serious Sam. Out now for Windows, Linux and Mac! (linux version uses a wine wrapper)

It's a straightforward FPS with some stuff added like two levels where you drive a tank and little platforming parts to break up all the robot-killing. The game consists of 15 levels mixing indoor and outdoor areas. You're forced to do tests for an unknown robotic mastermind. As you go through the tests, you slowly unravel the story through log files of previous test subjects.

Hard copies are available in some stores.

-

I bought this game a few weeks ago, and I am extremely thrilled, I can't seem to get past a few levels though.

It's really addicting, also, if you plan to play this on a toaster. yeah not going to work.

Sickbrick has advance graphics and rendering, the Shaders and Shadows are extremely awesome. I love this game so much. I really like the tank level by the way lol.

"So basically you just run around and shoot robots?"

No, there are lots of levels that have parts where you need to control your character across obstacles, WHILE shooting. Or just obstacles.

"Do I get every gun in the beginning?"

Ye-No, you don't. You must collect one gun (found in the beginning cave) and you advance from there. I think there's like 10 guns total. Not sure, maybe more.

"I am poor and using my grandma's toaster"

You most likely won't be able to play.

"How much is this?"

This game is a total of $4.99 on Desura

I know it's Indie, the guy isn't really rich either

so give him some cash

Looks cool, might try the demo.

Also forgot to mention, it's trying to get on steam so yeah. vote for it.

sick nasty, I want it
Yeah, also I hear the guy is working on a horror game.

It's like where you're on an island and there are choices you can make, each choice changes how the game will play. I.E you say 'no' to someone, they come back later and try to kill you.

Anyways, it looks cool.

Aww, demo isn't available for Mac.

Modern graphics that look like a 2003 game?  First person platforming?  Thousands of styles mashed together?  Doesn't look very good.

Modern graphics that look like a 2003 game?  First person platforming?  Thousands of styles mashed together?  Doesn't look very good.
I can't think of any games made in '03 that look like this.

Looks a lot like either Doom 3 or Ion Storm's Unreal 2 games.

..really?

I tried the demo.

It's really bad. The enemies are uninteresting and the guns are uninteresting and the story is uninteresting

I was bored with the game within 5 minutes (literally). It's just boring, the animations are terrible, the art style is silly, and it's overall a crappy game. It's trying to be like quake or doom or unreal tournament + adding a good story but it doesn't work because the story sucks and it's not as good as the 3 i mentioned

2/10 would not play for more than 5 minutes

..really?
Yes. Someone else can probably think of one, but not me.
Looks a lot like either Doom 3 or Ion Storm's Unreal 2 games.
After searching up, Doom 3 was made in 2005, and games like Killing Floor don't look as hi-poly.

Besides, graphics don't really make a game bad. I mean, Blockland is a good game, even though its engine might be 9 years old.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:45:22 PM by BlockoCrafter »

There's average graphics guys. Which one looks better? :)

yeah. Most average games don't have mega graphics. Unless you are playing games meant to be graphically stunning like BO2 or FarCry 3.

Graphics don't help when the gameplay sucks.