FireFish - Banned? Cnaibedoge to blame

Author Topic: FireFish - Banned? Cnaibedoge to blame  (Read 2217 times)

FireFish, from the looks of his profile, was banned for one week for "if you don't care, don't post". You can see the original ban in this topic

The content of the banned message reads as follows
Quote from: FireFish
Do it if you feel it's a good idea.
I don't really care if you do.
His use of "I don't really care" rings alarm bells for most, but WAIT, there's more to this story

Reading further into the topic, we see this (FireFish in response to the OP)
Quote from: Filipe
That's not very nice, I'm just asking if it's worth to be a Partner, I don't want to lose some videos of mine because of Copyrighted issues or something

I wasn't trying to come off as offensive, I just meant that I won't mind if you decide to be a partner.
Ok excellent, he apologized and clarified his post. Seems to me like it was just a harmless misunderstanding.

Everyone else must have thought so too, nobody mentioned him for the next two pages
However, on page three, the following was posted by user Cnaibedoge:
Quote from: Cnaibedoge
Do it if you feel it's a good idea.
I don't really care if you do.

if you dont care dont post

FireFish was banned pretty much right after that by Badspot.

My personal opinion:
The ban was bullstuff. I think the blame for it rests mostly on Cnaibedoge's shoulders. Badspot didn't read into the topic and banned him when he probably didn't need to be banned, but he never would have seen the post if it were not reported. Cnaibedoge is a known to be dumber than your average bear, and he was clearly the only one in the topic who cared about what FireFish did.

Discuss this, and other bullstuff bans perhaps

Damn that sucks.
Nothing we can do about it but bitch and moan, but i agree that his ban was bullstuff.

This is indeed a bullstuff ban.

Forgot to mention this in the OP, but a one week ban doesn't matter. The problem is from the principle of the ban, and also that you're more likely to be banned if you already have a ban on your record

He jumped the gun on reporting him. He really wanted to feel cool about being the one that reported him I guess.

Poor firefish, He didn't even mean any harm and yet now this happened to him by someone who clearly ignored the innocence of his post.

Whoops, didn't mean for that to happen, I didn't report him.

If you're going to put the blame on people, blame Badspot for not reading the thread to see if the ban was deserved.

But really,
He jumped the gun on reporting him. He really wanted to feel cool about being the one that reported him I guess.

I didn't report him, what I said was moreover meant to be a friendly warning, I wouldn't want FireFish banned.

If you're going to put the blame on people, blame Badspot for not reading the thread to see if the ban was deserved.
And this is absolutely correct aswell

I said that

Well I wouldn't go to saying the ban was unjust because the the rules clearly state 'if you don't care don't post'

I seriously doubt Badspot didn't take time to read that OP that consisted of about three lines. If he didn't then wtf badspot, if he did then he probably just wanted to assert his power.

I didn't report him, what I said was moreover meant to be a friendly warning, I wouldn't want FireFish banned.
So you didn't read the context of what he said and jumped the gun, even if you didn't report him.

So you didn't read the context of what he said and jumped the gun, even if you didn't report him.

I did read it. It isn't hard to read the one post before his and his, why wouldn't I? I was just trying to be friendly, and warned him. I think it's a bullstuff ban too but I was just making him aware of the rule. We all know Badspot looks for little things to ban people for.

it was completely deserved because he said he doesn't care
either way this is badspot's forum and what he says goes