Author Topic: Google made image safe search *mandatory* for American users.  (Read 4827 times)

nope, they just remove research results unless you specifically search it.
Lol, one simple search of "mommy" with google safesearch on strict gave me like 10 images of tits and the rest of kids, yet then the OP. lolololol

Oh no, now I can't see any erotic pictures ever again! Darn!

the only thing this did was replace safesearch strict, moderate, and off with a simple on/off toggle you loving handicaps
lewinsky brings up no erotic results because there aren't any to bring up

Lol, one simple search of "mommy" with google safesearch on strict gave me like 10 images of tits and the rest of kids, yet then the OP. lolololol
oh god this ended up happening to me
i didn't believe it but oh gad

the only thing this did was replace safesearch strict, moderate, and off with a simple on/off toggle you loving handicaps

No, they didn't. There's two options. Filtered and unfiltered.

Unfiltered is the image in the OP, filtered is this:

It's funny how mad you are even though you couldn't be more wrong.

Who the hell cares? Just search research lewinsky and it will work. Its to keep kids from finding research when searching for stuff. I don't think anyone uses google images to find research anyway. There are much more effective ways.

marcem is right actually, you have to append research to your search

But Google was like "we got to battle the evil government trying to censor us and take over the web" a few weeks ago. Maybe this is part of their anti-government campaign thingy. Atleast now I can search for stuff without getting something I don't want.

But Google was like "we got to battle the evil government trying to censor us and take over the web" a few weeks ago. Maybe this is part of their anti-government campaign thingy. Atleast now I can search for stuff without getting something I don't want.
http://www.change.org/petitions/youtube-googlede-allow-third-party-recording-tools-for-youtube-freedomonyoutube
im guessing you never heard about google meanwhile trying to censor youtube even further?

saying this is censorship is like saying being forced to push a button on your crotch to make your rooster come out is censorship

Damn a few years ago I argued with inv3rted about how Google was evil, then beat me and I joined the Google side :(.

Eksi, there doesn't appear to be a way to remove it completely though. My filtering was at 0 and I searched "boobs" and they were all  clothed.
Anyway if you use google image search for research, you are probably a dumb. Nothing has changed.

Actually its kind of brilliant they did it this way, searching for "boobs" comes up with clothed boobs.

Searching for "naked boobs" comes up with naked boobs.