I have to give a huge speech.

Author Topic: I have to give a huge speech.  (Read 1473 times)

In front of hundreds upon hundreds of people, and a millionaire tomorrow. The speech is essentially explaining how I am going manage 1200+ students. These people will be brown townyzing my every word and move (literally). I'm usually exceptional at public speaking, but I'm nervous for this one.

Advice?

imagine everybody's in their underwear.
no forget that.
get out there and do it like a man.

have fun with it, im sure the people wont mind someone thats a bit of a jokester.

how old are you

I think jeep is in his twenties, considering he is buying bought a car by himself too

Speak your speech and don't stand still.

how old are you
Jeepy be 16

But, rehearse your speech, try not to think about it.

Pick a point behind the audience to look at, a point that you still look like you're looking at them, but aren't looking at a person

I think jeep is in his twenties, considering he is buying bought a car by himself too
Why the forget would a 25-year old man be going on a childrens lego game forum?

I recently took a course with boyscouts called NYLT, which stands for national youth leadership group; in short it was a bullstuff class just to certify I know my stuff as a leader. When it comes to a speech, don't look at the front row, look straight for a middle line. This make everyone feel like your watching them. Be careful with your hands. Don't play games with em, don't twiddle, don't stick them in your pockets, DO NOT PUT THEM IN FRONT OF YOUR JUNK, and overall don't let them be distracting. Also, don't dance around from foot to foot. Make your movement slow and in pace with your words. 3 words = 1 step, if you have a big stage at your disposal.

That's all I can think of, I'm sure you'll be great, just remember they want to be there just as much as you do; per se, they DON'T want to be there. Don't over complicate and don't dumb it down. Mid line.

Why the forget would a 25-year old man be going on a childrens lego game forum?
Cubelands is in his 30's.

I recently took a course with boyscouts called NYLT, which stands for national youth leadership group; in short it was a bullstuff class just to certify I know my stuff as a leader. When it comes to a speech, don't look at the front row, look straight for a middle line. This make everyone feel like your watching them. Be careful with your hands. Don't play games with em, don't twiddle, don't stick them in your pockets, DO NOT PUT THEM IN FRONT OF YOUR JUNK, and overall don't let them be distracting. Also, don't dance around from foot to foot. Make your movement slow and in pace with your words. 3 words = 1 step, if you have a big stage at your disposal.

forget, I had to take that when i was a boyscout because I was a patrol leader and a "higher ranking scout"
It was indeed bullstuff.

Cubelands is in his 30's.
forget, I had to take that when i was a boyscout because I was a patrol leader and a "higher ranking scout"
It was indeed bullstuff.

Where at? I took mine in southern Virginia (NC baby, woo woo woo) and I was the 3rd class they've ever had or something, I forget, but they made a big deal about us for something.
I've still hardly looked at all my take home stuff since I left during the middle of the summer lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:22:11 PM by AdinX »

Where at? I took mine in southern Virginia (NC baby, woo woo woo) and I was the 3rd class they've ever had or something, I forget, but they made a big deal about us for something.
Western PA.
I remember when I had to give a speech at camp manatoc in front of 76 different troops

I did fine. The main thing I remember of the speech was:
"Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy your stay at Camp Manatoc for the next few weeks. This is patrol leader Evar Smith, troop 15 of the french creek council, star ranked scout, and it's been an honor to be here!"

Overcomplicated the hell out of that ending, and everyone loved it.

You're going to have to make eye contact with them, but not for long, a second or two will do, when you make a big poin tor whatever try to hold someones gaze for longer.

You're going to have to make eye contact with them
No you don't o.O

Don't forget your duck

when you make a big poin tor whatever try to hold someones gaze for longer.

That someone is always me. ;-;