Author Topic: i got a really good laptop for christmas  (Read 3130 times)

for those who don't believe the sims works:

Lol The Sims 1, I still play that. Classic game.

That can run well on an Acer Travelmate from 2002 so its not really  surprising.

Works perfectly in Windows 7 to those who are curious.

Nice that you have a laptop which can play the games you want.

I had a Toshiba Sattelite with 2 gbs of ram and a pentium 4 processor and could run sims 3+

I had a Toshiba Sattelite with 2 gbs of ram and a pentium 4 processor and could run sims 3+

GB is not made plural by adding a "s" to the end of it. "gbs" means GB per second.

what use does two monitors serve, as a regular consumer, besides being something to show off?

2 monitors is quite useful for an average consumer. I can play games full screen and do stuff on the other. Or I could have multiple articles up as I type an essay. It's also not that expensive in the grand scheme of computer components at all.

GB is not made plural by adding a "s" to the end of it. "gbs" means GB per second.

GBs?

my boner went inside out, through the back of my ass, around the world and back into my inside-out snake hole.
What the forget.

Sig'd.

Lenovo is the best hands down. My Ideapad was originally 1200,  but I got it on sale. They're expensive, but they're the best out there.
lenovos are kinda ugly though

lenovos are kinda ugly though

Mmm this.

A few years back the Lenovo computer's were designed really grossly, like some kind of throwback to IBM laptops.

The new designs now are pretty slick, but still... I dunno.

In saying that, Asus computers have also had a history of being really harsh on the eyes. They also have nice new designs coming out now though.

2 monitors is quite useful for an average consumer. I can play games full screen and do stuff on the other. Or I could have multiple articles up as I type an essay. It's also not that expensive in the grand scheme of computer components at all.

I wouldn't call you an "average consumer".

The average consumer will get along with a stuffty Dell or a second hand Mac.

If you are a gamer with any knowledge of hardware, software, and perhaps computer assembly above your parents knowledge than chances are you are a class up lol.

I'm not so sure about two monitors. I hear they improve productivity a lot, but I wonder how true that is. I get that you could compare documents, or have email open in one monitor, etc. But that only saves the time of navigation. You can't truly "work" on two things at once in all scenarios.

sorry for the bump but what brand is this?

1.5GHz

lol, my Android tablet is 1.5GHz.

What's the graphics card?