Author Topic: Torque Console Commands  (Read 74623 times)

Another useful command to find out things (I think its useful mostly for the datablocks section) is tree();

Two GUI menus will pop up and you can look at the stats for particles, emitters, playertypes, and other stuff you can't read (because its compressed or encrypted or something like that, BADSPOT DOESN'T WANT YOU TO CHANGE THE GAME ITSELF.) That's how I found out I could change the jet emitters on playertypes, I set standard players jet emitter to paint can spray, it was funny.

Use of the dump() function.. very important

Dumps all variables and functions within an object, such as
findclientbybl_id(xxxx).dump();
    Returns everything inside a game connection(anything related to the client's connection)

findclientbybl_id(xxxx).getcontroloject().dump();
    Returns everything that is inside the player's physical object(better way to call it?)

findclientbybl_id(xxxx).getcontroloject().getobjectmount().dump();
    Returns everything about the player's vehicle.

trace(1);
Great debugging tool, will definitely help you discover what paths BL goes through when doing X.
It lists the entering and leaving of functions, with parameters included.

I used it once to discover I had an outdated version of the military jeep, and the old version breaks other add-ons that do stuff when the player left-clicks. Made me go crazy over why the subway didn't work
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 03:57:28 PM by Kalphiter »

Wow, your lucky to have found that out or you still wouldn't have that thing done (probably)

Wow, your lucky to have found that out or you still wouldn't have that thing done (probably)
Space guy actually found it, when he saw "MJ" probably meaning Michael Jackson or something.

Well, he actually saw the errors in MJ a few months ago, perhaps that's the real reason.

Where do you enter 'function ServerCmdHelloWorld(%c)
{
if(%c.isAdmin)
{
MessageAll(' ',"HELLO WORLD!");
}
else
{
MessageAll(' ',"Hello World!");
}
echo(%c.name SPC "says Hello World!");
}

snot working in console.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:24:39 AM by Big Brother »

Console only accepts two-lined codes...

function ServerCmdHelloWorld(%c){if(%c.isAdmin){MessageAll(' ',"HELLO WORLD!");}else{MessageAll(' ',"Hello World!");}echo(%c.name SPC "says Hello World!");}

And for %c.name, use %c.getPlayerName()

Console only accepts two-lined codes...

function ServerCmdHelloWorld(%c){if(%c.isAdmin){MessageAll(' ',"HELLO WORLD!");}else{MessageAll(' ',"Hello World!");}echo(%c.name SPC "says Hello World!");}

And for %c.name, use %c.getPlayerName()
It doesn't have to be that sloppy.

It doesn't have to be that sloppy.
I simply said that he has to put it together into at least 2 lines for the console to accept it.

can i make a vehicle with sketchup?

i tried the console messages and stuff on my own server and it worked but it doesnt work on other servers please help me
 :panda:

Maybe because its a server-sided command?

i tried the console messages and stuff on my own server and it worked but it doesnt work on other servers please help me
 :panda:

<snip> server-sided <snip>

Nnnndeurrrrrrrrrrrruuuaahrger rruahey! Maybe it's 'cause you can't acess the console online, or don't have a cleaned Crap-Ons file with TechEval installed! You shoulda' thoughta' that! :P

It's a bitch to type on the PSP...

Bump?
:cookieMonster:

How do u dl it? (edit): were u put it i meen...?

Wow really.
Your brain is made of :iceCream:.
the squiggly (tilda) key.
~
You should not be on Blockland.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:07:54 PM by DarkShadow6 »

Also, i wanted to know if there as a command to make SOMEONE ELSE disconnect. i only know how to make myself disconnect: " disconnect(); "

KickBLID(X);

Duh. There's also this magical administrator gui Badspot put in the game. You should give it a try.