Author Topic: This is what happens when you go 1,000,000 TUs to the north  (Read 7474 times)

You don't fall off the edge anymore? :c
This is even better, IMO

Is the ground in the first pics supposed to be pixelated and look like Minecraft?
The ground gets more and more pixelated and distorted as you go further out

but what happens when you are 10000000000000 bricks up?

Is the ground in the first pics supposed to be pixelated and look like Minecraft?
Go far enough north the game turns into minecraft. Go far enough north in minecraft and the game turns into roblox. Now go to farthest north of roblox, and it will start turing into the south of blockland.

This is what happens with rounding inaccuracy
Explained a little better (I hope I understand what's happening here):

Blockland can only have numbers precise to a certain point. It can only have a certain number of significant figures.
A significant figure is the part of a number that's actually measured. 0.001 has 3 sig figs. 1000 only has 1, while 1000. has 4.
The rules are:
 >Any NONZERO digit is a significant figure.
 >Any ZERO between two NONZERO digits is a significant figure.
 >Any ZERO after a NONZERO digit, or a TRAILING ZERO, is a significant figure.
  >If there's a decimal point, any zeroes between the nonzero and the decimal are significant.
  >Ex: 1000 = 1sf, 1000. = 4sf
 >Any LEADING ZERO (ex. [0.000]75) is NOT a significant figure.
Check wikipedia or something.
So, if you go out far enough, those decimals get destroyed to make room for the larger values.

For example, I think the number of digits is 16, so...
Let's say the player is at 356, -10247689305258923.48586, 1.
This is 17 integer digits, 5 decimal digits.
Now, it can only have 16 significant figures at a time.
So, to make room, it deletes some of them.
The coordinates are now 356, -10247689305258920.00000, 1.
See those numbers that turned into zeroes? Those aren't significant figures anymore so Blockland ignores them, letting it pay attention to the larger numbers instead.
The player jumps around in steps of 10 units in this area. This messes everything the heck up.

^ is wrong don't read it

lol this has been there forever, I got here using the teleport event a while ago, its pretty weird, if you go far enough you crash

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:43:58 AM by Zay »

we need to go deeper farther
more images pls

I imagine this is caused by exaggerated rounding with very large numbers.