Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 21764 times)

The tough thing is, you will be unable to match even the quality of Kalphiter's service. At the current point in time, RTN and Kalphiter both are offering their service for just about as dead cheap as possible. If you order RTB's 3 month package, they actually barely break even. Even if you were able to offer significantly lower pricing (the only way I can think of you being able to do this is by fronting a few thousand dollars, buying servers, and paying to have them colocated at a datacenter then simply paying for the internet, power, and rack fees) to the point where it would actually be plausible to buy this service and resell to make a profit to be competitively priced with Kalphiter and RTB, your service simply will not come close to the quality of either. Kalphiter has put countless man-hours into developing his service, who was crushed by the Lub and Ephialtes team who are both professionals in the web development field. The only scenario where I could possibly see this working is if you were to somehow sell your service for drastically cheaper than current hosting solutions and provide the quality of control and ease of use that current hosting solutions provide.

TL;DR: It's not going to happen, but I commend you for trying.

The tough thing is, you will be unable to match even the quality of Kalphiter's service. At the current point in time, RTN and Kalphiter both are offering their service for just about as dead cheap as possible. If you order RTB's 3 month package, they actually barely break even. Even if you were able to offer significantly lower pricing (the only way I can think of you being able to do this is by fronting a few thousand dollars, buying servers, and paying to have them colocated at a datacenter then simply paying for the internet, power, and rack fees) to the point where it would actually be plausible to buy this service and resell to make a profit to be competitively priced with Kalphiter and RTB, your service simply will not come close to the quality of either. Kalphiter has put countless man-hours into developing his service, who was crushed by the Lub and Ephialtes team who are both professionals in the web development field. The only scenario where I could possibly see this working is if you were to somehow sell your service for drastically cheaper than current hosting solutions and provide the quality of control and ease of use that current hosting solutions provide.

This isn't a server hosting service?

blockStar does not offer hosting, however, offers a full administration control center for use of it's members.

So, its a service for people that selling hosting service?

service-ception.

It's 2 things:

Professional:
Allows you to bill clients automatically, as well as manage accounts, and enable clients to use a control panel.

Personal:
Allows you to use a control panel to control your server.

Sounds like another ambitious project you've not thought through and get really excited about then never do anything with. Best of luck!!

Sounds like another ambitious project you've not thought through and get really excited about then never do anything with. Best of luck!!
Actually, everything is "done". I did a project similar to this a while ago that I'm using as the basis for blockStar.

Nice try though!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

If everything was done you'd have pictures in the main post and you wouldn't be polling for feasibility haha.

If everything was done you'd have pictures in the main post and you wouldn't be polling for feasibility haha.
You apparently don't know how development works. I have all of the code setup and working. I'm making it look nice at the moment. Would you like me to release a product that people will pay for that has no styling? Why would you want that?

You apparently don't know how development works.

Yeah I guess you're right :(

Lots of people have given you some good advice in this thread which you've definitely ignored. You're not experienced, you have no track record and you don't know what you're doing. Nobody's going to give you any money - listen to the free advice and learn something.

You apparently don't know how development works. I have all of the code setup and working. I'm making it look nice at the moment. Would you like me to release a product that people will pay for that has no styling? Why would you want that?
Or you can wait to actually make the thread after the project is finished and functionable.
Lots of people have given you some good advice in this thread which you've definitely ignored. You're not experienced, you have no track record and you don't know what you're doing. Nobody's going to give you any money - listen to the free advice and learn something.

Or you can wait to actually make the thread after the project is finished and functionable.
I guess you can't read?

Yeah I guess you're right :(

Haha. Funny. No one on this thread has "given me advice". This is why I don't listen to you. You're pretty much saying "never going to happen because it just won't". And it's funny. You said that I had no track record, then told me that I had no idea what I was doing. Where you get this stuff is beyond me.

Ephialtes always looks for an excuse to stuff on anything that comes within a 50-mile radius of anything he's worked on.

See: RTB, RTB hosting

Ephialtes always looks for an excuse to stuff on anything that comes within a 50-mile radius of anything he's worked on.

See: RTB, RTB hosting
It's actually sad, but it's true. No one else can start projects in Ephialtes' eyes.