blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)

Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 21188 times)

I said he's incapable of following through on it - not of doing it at all. If you're going to engage me in a discussion see if you can employ some basic comprehension skills.

This was a massively ambitious project that clearly wasn't very well thought out, it's no surprise it's not going anywhere.

How do you know it's not going anywhere? lol...

For all we know he's still working on it without posting progress...

-

However, don't quote me on that. I won't assume anything.

I said he's incapable of following through on it - not of doing it at all. If you're going to engage me in a discussion see if you can employ some basic comprehension skills.

This was a massively ambitious project that clearly wasn't very well thought out, it's no surprise it's not going anywhere.
Lack of a track record is grounds (poor grounds, anyway) only for a suspicion of incapability, not conclusion. No one has shown Jeep can't do it but no one has shown he can, either. If he's incapable, he still thought up the ideas for the project, so his capability is irrelevant to the quality of the ideas. You group the entire project as a destined failure without considering that some parts may succeed.

Matter of fact, the simplest ideas (read: the ones not requiring much thought) Jeep listed in the OP are features you proposed over 3 years ago but haven't acted upon. You had 3 years to show any progress on that stuff and are still in the mindset that you will get them done. Are you incapable?

/Blockland Cloud logic
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:40:57 PM by Kalphiter »

Is this dead?
(Pardon the bump)

Looks like he's incapable of doing it, always was an overly ambitious project from the start!

Looks like he's incapable of doing it, always was an overly ambitious project from the start!
Way2Jerk

Jeep should post here.
If he was to continue work, it should be as anpersonal interface you only have to pay for once.

I apologize for not posting for a while. To clear suspicions, I am not giving up on this, nor am I incapable. Ignore posts saying otherwise. A few on-topic updates, if I may:

The entire service is free. Hosting Accounts are only available for people who can prove to me that they have an actual hosting service. Once you prove that you have a hosting service, I will set you up with a hosting account. As far as the release date, I can only speculate at this point. I've been working on and off of this. I've been busy lately, so please be patient.

I haven't changed anything else, really. I like how I have this setup, so I will likely keep it as is until release. I am happy with my current set of features, and will be much happier with the totally free system. Comments, suggestions, and concerns are open.

I apologize for not posting for a while. To clear suspicions, I am not giving up on this, nor am I incapable. Ignore posts saying otherwise. A few on-topic updates, if I may:

The entire service is free. Hosting Accounts are only available for people who can prove to me that they have an actual hosting service. Once you prove that you have a hosting service, I will set you up with a hosting account. As far as the release date, I can only speculate at this point. I've been working on and off of this. I've been busy lately, so please be patient.

I haven't changed anything else, really. I like how I have this setup, so I will likely keep it as is until release. I am happy with my current set of features, and will be much happier with the totally free system. Comments, suggestions, and concerns are open.
B S

What a quality post!
Like I haven't seen this post from Kalphiter 20 times already..

I feel like this topic is accomplishing nothing anymore.

no please continue it. I really need it!

Don't let sore losers bother you.

Don't let sore losers bother you.
I'm not so much bothered about the service. I expected some flack by offering this. I just wonder if the topic is causing more trouble than it's worth. I might lock this until I have another update, such as pictures, videos, and other discussion worthy events.

Stop purposely trying to stir stuff with him.