[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310214 times)

There's really no risk if you're not touching the voltage.

I tried overclocking my 7770, and it was stable during a GPU test, but when I got into games it just kept crashing. Eventually just reset it back to normal. :C

Post the builds here first before putting them in the OP mack, it's a good idea to get second opinions on balancing parts

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/149-h440-razer-edition-mid-tower.html

i got the normal white h440. greatest case ive ever owned.
but dat green is loveay

Friends, please advise me!
So my gpus fans spin for a few seconds then stop when my computer is started up.
Ive sprayed them with the good old air can and even lubed them up but still nothing. Ive even tried to change drivers and all that jazz. Ive read that this might be a psu issue but im no expert on any of this. any advise?

my god i collect too much
also I bought an ibm actionwriter 2 for $6

I have a table thingy in my room that's used entirely just for holding computer parts.

I have a table thingy in my room that's used entirely just for holding computer parts.
p cool
momentum has a box of processors that he collects

p cool
momentum has a box of processors that he collects

My table only has three processors I believe. A 1.6GHz Celeron, a Pentium III, and an Athlon II X2. I had my old Phenom II x4 too but I bent the pins on that.

Friends, please advise me!
So my gpus fans spin for a few seconds then stop when my computer is started up.
Ive sprayed them with the good old air can and even lubed them up but still nothing. Ive even tried to change drivers and all that jazz. Ive read that this might be a psu issue but im no expert on any of this. any advise?

not really a solution but you could try manually spinning them after you've turned the computer on to see if they continue to spin
My fans do the same thing, it's an annoyance but I don't turn my computer off that often so it's not that bad

is that the flash drive I stole from someone I see in there

is that the flash drive I stole from someone I see in there
yesss

Gaming keyboards and mice are a ripoff. Does anyone agree? I like silent mice and flat keyboards

Gaming keyboards and mice are a ripoff. Does anyone agree? I like silent mice and flat keyboards
I have a wireless keyboard that came with a mouse (also wireless) and it works like a loving charm.
agreed

Okay guys, so I am in the process of building a new computer, and I'd like some advice. I've already ordered an i5 2500k and an MSI Z77A-GD55 on eBay, and I also purchased a GTX760 a few months ago. Here's what I've figured so far:
Case: I'm choosing between either an NZXT Source 220, a Zalman Z9 or a Bitfenix Neos. The NZXT is a clear winner as far as looks go, but it lacks some features such as transersally mounted drive bays and fan filters, and the latter are quite important in my house. The Z9 has all of this, but it's a little more gaudy and seems to have worse airflow. The Bitfenix has the best of both worlds, but it's only available via mail order. Is it worth forking out the extra money for postage?
CPU cooler: The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO seems to be pretty popular around here, so I think I'll go with that. Any objections?
RAM: 2x4 gigs @ 1600 or 1866MHz with low latency. Any good brands to check out?
PSU: 500W or more, semi-modular would be nice but not a requirement. I've heard Corsair has a pretty good rep, but the local store doesn't carry them, either. Would other brands be OK?
HDD: WD Black, either 500GB or 1TB; seems like a solid drive, and apparently has a five-year warranty. Are there any alternatives I should consider?
Case fans: Depending on what case I get, I may want a set of front fans. Any recommendations?

And yeah, that's all I need to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:12:02 PM by Pentium »