[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309623 times)

'xcept newegg doesn't seem to like it so much actually wtf. doesn't support much which is one of the common complaints. 57 1-stars but 58 5-stars
looking at the reviews it says that a lot of users boards were DOA or died after a few months

thought it was made in early 2017? says it was first available to buy in feb 16 2017

it's weird then that people say it doesn't support things when it was released last year
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:27:54 PM by Køtt »

people are more likely to leave a review when it dies instead of when it works, which makes it look as if the board is always gonna forget up

people are more likely to leave a review when it dies instead of when it works, which makes it look as if the board is always gonna forget up
not really, people leave a review either when it forgets up or when they get it (and then it forgets up)

not really, people leave a review either when it forgets up or when they get it (and then it forgets up)
yes, that's literally what I said

no its not
uh

people are more likely to leave a review when it dies
these two sayings mean the same things

no i was implying it was 50/50 because a lot of people leave a review right away

is temperature in the 50 degree celsius area ok under load for my cpu? at idle it sits around 35-40 degrees. cpu is i7-7700 with stock cooler. haven't checked temp with graphically/cpu intensive games yet, but only with rocksmith 2014.

is temperature in the 50 degree celsius area ok under load for my cpu? at idle it sits around 35-40 degrees. cpu is i7-7700 with stock cooler. haven't checked temp with graphically/cpu intensive games yet, but only with rocksmith 2014.
yeah thats fine mine is like 50C max at idle lmao

Shot in the dark but I’d rather try here first than on Reddit -

I’m parting out a pc I built less than a year ago because I don’t have nearly enough time to play games any longer. The main piece I’m concerned about moving is an MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11G, it’s a rock solid card and nearly new since I only used it for a couple of months when I’d built the pc and since then it was just sitting at home while I was at school.

I’d let it go for 700 + shipping, I can provide pictures w a time stamp to anyone interested in it. If selling stuff here is against some rule, lmk and I’ll remove this

I figured out the aesthetic I want my pc to be

"Arctic Shill"

I'm getting Arctic case fans all around, Arctic CPU cooler, Arctic GPU cooler, Arctic RAM heatspreaders if I can find them cheap enough, and even a black and blue / white motherboard too.

Ayy can anyone recommend me a new cpu/mb/RAM? I want to upgrade from LGA1155 to LGA 1151 because my stuff is over 5 years old. I have a GTX 1070 and my existing psu will be able to handle everything. I just dont think I need this beefy of stuff to play games/mess with photoshop/premiere sometimes.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KgWDPs

This is what I have, but it's EXPENSIVE for just the cpu, sheeeit. Any suggestions?

EDIT: maybe a i5-8600K would be nearly $100 cheaper and also most cost effective?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:00:18 PM by Waru »

which 1155 do you have rn

do you do a lot of cpu heavy tasks to require a 8700k

which 1155 do you have rn

do you do a lot of cpu heavy tasks to require a 8700k

i5-3570 and probably not, what would those tasks be?