[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309587 times)

>5400rpm
No thanks I'll pass
What does it matter if youre getting an SSD anyways?

You can get 8TB's for the price of 2 WD blacks.

>5400rpm
No thanks I'll pass
Do you expect to see a difference in performance and/or reliability? You have an SSD, in where I assume you're using it as a boot drive. You're not going to experience any sort of difference in performance.

What does it matter if youre getting an SSD anyways?

You can get 8TB's for the price of 2 WD blacks.

Planning to build a top-end PC with a $2k budget for a friend, and for some reason he wants a CD drive
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:17:05 AM by Capella »

Here's why I'm getting two WD Black drives:
1. I want something I know is reliable, I don't mind paying more for that.
2. I don't trust having a lot of data stored on one drive. I've only been running with 1TB for a few years now and haven't been starved for space. 2TB will be way more than I need and the second drive will be a backup.
3. The 500GB SSD probably won't be enough for everything I have though so I want at least 7200RPM drives for stuff that can't fit on the SSD.
I probably should have said all this first.

Here's why I'm getting two WD Black drives:
1. I want something I know is reliable, I don't mind paying more for that.
2. I don't trust having a lot of data stored on one drive. I've only been running with 1TB for a few years now and haven't been starved for space. 2TB will be way more than I need and the second drive will be a backup.
3. The 500GB SSD probably won't be enough for everything I have though so I want at least 7200RPM drives for stuff that can't fit on the SSD.
I probably should have said all this first.
Or
1. WD blues are as reliable as blacks
2. You can get 2x4TB for the price of those blacks
3. You can also just get 2x2TB's and get a bigger SSD

Ive had Blue for 4 years and it has yet to fail me.

Or
1. WD blues are as reliable as blacks
2. You can get 2x4TB for the price of those blacks
3. You can also just get 2x2TB's and get a bigger SSD

Ive had Blue for 4 years and it has yet to fail me.
Hmm I'll think about it

heres a little bit of my computer/software/game collection

pc with the window on the right is mine

the collection includes 2 macbooks (including a 2006/2007 mb pro)

an hp laptop with the screen ripped off (still works fine just has to be hooked up to a monitor) along with the pc next to it which was a toshiba satellite at one point

also 2 dell laptops which are the same

a dell d630 laptop right next to my pc

a dell inspiron 531 is the farthest left of all the desktops, right beside that dell to the right is fire vine's computer and to the right of that is my old """"GAMING"""" computer (my first pc build)

last but not least for the computers is a dell dimension which has the nickname "dementia" for a reason

a buncha old 98/200/xp/vista pc games including r factor, deer hunter 2005, lego island 2, sims 2, locomotion, and roller coaster tycoon 2 along with the time twister dlc (yes i was a big chris sawyer fan when i was a kid

right here we got darksiders on the bottom right, fallout 4 on the bottom left, titanfall on the top left, and sims 4 on the top right, also a windows 98 box copy in the far bottom left if you didn't catch it allready

alot of this is missing because i have around 6 computers i didn't show, mainly because it would be a hassle to make room for them so i'll just name them off

i got a compaq armada that i got at my local pc store, along with an old ass dell dimension and a midwest micro ATX desktop pc which is loving huge and yellowed and takes about 2 people to carry, the thing didn't even come with a 3d accelerated gpu, but hey atleast it came with a soundblaster 16 and a pentium pro so im happy i guess

from that same store that i got the desktop compaq and dimension i got a toshiba satellite P15 laptop which is forgetin huge and also weighs a ton, currently has XP on it so its running as smooth as butter

anyways thats all, until i go back and empty my wallet again

Hmm I'll think about it

there is literally no reason to get a wd black

Finally a normal priced gpu

Woot I'm getting a new mouse finally

Logitech G300s

Finally my first mouse that actually isn't garbage and the ergonomics won't pain me

It'll especially fit my holding style perfectly too

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:20:18 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Update: EVGA is now selling GT 1030's for $50.
dude what the forget

Currently doing replay for the MU-KU alumni basketball game with my 28-core, 56-thread GTX 1080 Ti transcoding server.
Only doing 3 camera inputs and 2 replay channel outputs at 720p right now but the system could easily do 2x 4K inputs through the 2 Decklink 4K Pro capture cards.
I rented a Decklink Mini Recorder for the third camera input but ended up not needing it.

Lol awesome

my school does that stuff at their games, except on a Ryzen 7 1700, 32gb ram, GTX 1050ti computer with a 250gb, 500gb samsung SSDs, and a 3tb WD Red (I gave the teacher a list of parts to upgrade from, to the current specs)

Lol awesome

my school does that stuff at their games, except on a Ryzen 7 1700, 32gb ram, GTX 1050ti computer with a 250gb, 500gb samsung SSDs, and a 3tb WD Red (I gave the teacher a list of parts to upgrade from, to the current specs)
What software do they use?