[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310793 times)

nvm
There is no way in hell I'd be able to find a PC anywhere else like that for only $260.
The case alone is $70

I'm thinking of upgrading that a little, what would be a good one to get?
Definitely one of the newer FX series or Core i# series. The FX-4300 isn't horribly expensive, and sports a pretty good dollar to performance ratio.

Definitely one of the newer FX series or Core i# series. The FX-4300 isn't horribly expensive, and sports a pretty good dollar to performance ratio.
You mean this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113287
If so than the price isn't bad at all for something quite like that.

the 4300 is amazing

Graphics

He means what kind of GPU. He isnt asking what a gpu is.

I don't know enough about selecting what parts to buy and what's compatible with what, so I need someone here's help.

I have a computer that cannot run most of what I would want it to run.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: AMD Sempron 145 Processor, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430      (889 MB of Approx. Total Memory)

I know I'm probably missing some specs, but that's all DxDiag would give me and I don't know how to find the rest :/

Anyways, if someone can recommend me an upgrade, because I have no idea what I should upgrade. Also, I need to figure out how to find the rest of the specs.

Pageloss

Pageloss
use cpu-z to find all the specs

whats your budget for upgrading?

If alyx vance upgrades his cpu he's gonna need a new motherboard, so it's gonna be around 130-200 to- do a decent upgrade.

If alyx vance upgrades his cpu he's gonna need a new motherboard, so it's gonna be around 130-200 to- do a decent upgrade.
Ah.
In that case it'll be a while till I do any upgrading, the PC is fine how it is however.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new video card. Should I get the 670 FTW, or an AMD 7970?