Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329096 times)

could always get a h100i :o

could always get a h100i :o

since the build isn't for me, i added parts i know for a fact that are reliable and have used myself

Are the EK Acetal waterblocks for GPUs good? I want to go for water cooling for my next build and Im not sure if this specific waterblock for the GTX 770 is all that great, because I've heard some reports that non full cover waterblocks fall off in the middle of operation.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc770-gtx-acetal.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:56:40 PM by Randomness »

Do you guys think it will make any sort of difference, if I get rid of my VGA to DVI adapters and just used DVI? Do you think it will reduce screen tearing or make any differences?

A friend was building a computer for me to use in gaming/3d modeling/rendering/animation.
Here are the parts and such.

-DIYPC FM08-W black case
-AOC e2050Swd black 19.5" widescreen monitor
-ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB video card (w/HDMI, DVI, and VGA)
-CORSAIR CX430M 430watt modular PSU
-Team Vulcan 2x4 GB (8GB total) DDR3-1600 memory
-GIGIABYTE GA-H61MA-D3V Intel LGA 1155 H61 mobo w/USB3.0
 (which reminds me, you'll have two USB 3.0 ports on the back plus one on the front)
-Intel Core i3-3220 3.3 GHz
-Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
-Segate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 rpm 64MB cache SATA HDD (if I recall correctly, this drive I also have and gets a transfer rate of 180 MB/s brand new)
-LITE-ON DVD Burner Black

Budget was $800.
How did he do?

Do you guys think it will make any sort of difference, if I get rid of my VGA to DVI adapters and just used DVI? Do you think it will reduce screen tearing or make any differences?
VGA has distortion and runs through brown townog, while DVI runs through a digital connection and has no distortion. DVI gives a higher picture quality, but screen tearing sounds like you need VSync turned on.

VGA has distortion and runs through brown townog, while DVI runs through a digital connection and has no distortion. DVI gives a higher picture quality, but screen tearing sounds like you need VSync turned on.
would it be worth it to change the cables? Or not that noticeble

A friend was building a computer for me to use in gaming/3d modeling/rendering/animation.
Here are the parts and such.

-DIYPC FM08-W black case
-AOC e2050Swd black 19.5" widescreen monitor
-ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB video card (w/HDMI, DVI, and VGA)
-CORSAIR CX430M 430watt modular PSU
-Team Vulcan 2x4 GB (8GB total) DDR3-1600 memory
-GIGIABYTE GA-H61MA-D3V Intel LGA 1155 H61 mobo w/USB3.0
 (which reminds me, you'll have two USB 3.0 ports on the back plus one on the front)
-Intel Core i3-3220 3.3 GHz
-Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
-Segate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 rpm 64MB cache SATA HDD (if I recall correctly, this drive I also have and gets a transfer rate of 180 MB/s brand new)
-LITE-ON DVD Burner Black

Budget was $800.
How did he do?

Not bad, but the CPU could be better. You should have went with an i5.

mmm, 3-way SLI w/ TITANS

Looks like there's a few TV's in the background so maybe not?

Looks like there's a few TV's in the background so maybe not?

Hardly.

$1000 for 18% more performance.

Graph source:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan_SLI/22.html

Ew
$3000 out the door I guess.

This is probably the best place to ask, so here it is:

My old Lenovo has just been replaced by my new PC, an HP Pavilion. The card in it isn't bad, but my old PC had a graphics card that I bought a while back. The old card was an Nvida GeForce 550 ti and the new HP has, according to my dxdiag, an "Intel(R) HD Graphics." I bought the new one because of the up-to-date processors, DDR3 RAM (So I'm not limited to 4gb) and the 1TB hard drive. Do you think I should put my old PC's card into my new one or is the new one better?

Thanks ahead of time, I don't know much about computers.