[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309573 times)

I feel like I'm not posting here anymore, so I'll help more from now on.
Just wondering, is a virtual machine a piece of software that allows you to run a computer system in your computer system?

I want to look back at some old windows operating systems, so you use a virtual machine to do so?
Well, what you would do is you would get the instillation disk for windows

From here you would choose the CD drive, usb or iso file. You would install it from there and it would work. It wont harm your main computer if you're planning on using it for those reasons. Most of my VM's I just forget around with stuff and mess up windows in any way I can. But, that is just me.
I've been meaning to ask, why does my 1TB HDD show it only has 931gb total?
Windows hidden partitions probs or nsa!11!!1
i found a 320GB western digital scorpio blue at the recycling plant yesterday, would this thing be good for storage?
I have a 160gb drive in my computer and I use it for extra space, I would use it.
Cheap 1920x1080 monitor?
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G236HL-Bbd-23-Inch-LCD-Lit/dp/B0098Y77U0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381681690&sr=8-3&keywords=acer+monitor
I have this and it works well. Not the cheapest, but it runs everything perfectly

I have 15 dollars, what should I blow it on for my computer?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:30:27 AM by Nal »

Nal, you can't really get much. Maybe you could get a stuffty case fan. Buy dust filters or cable ties so you can make your computer colder/cleaner

Nal, you can't really get much. Maybe you could get a stuffty case fan. Buy dust filters or cable ties so you can make your computer colder/cleaner
im not looking at anything good, I just want to waste money on something because I literally ran out of things to buy

save it so you can waste it on something cooler then.

save it so you can waste it on something cooler then.
fine

Updating the thread today
Do you need someone to do a builds list?

Do you need someone to do a builds list?

That would be awesome, thanks. I simply don't have time to both do a huge builds list along with new info in one night. Also it's thanksgiving in Canada, so I'm slightly more busy than usual.

That would be awesome, thanks. I simply don't have time to both do a huge builds list along with new info in one night. Also it's thanksgiving in Canada, so I'm slightly more busy than usual.
I'll get on it at my earliest opportunity, almost done with my college essay(s)

Might as well post here;
A bunch of my relations are going to pitch in to get me a nice laptop, currently looking at the 1000-1500 dollar range.
Stupid names aside, this is what looks to be the best option at the moment to me. However, I admit ignorance. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421374,00.asp
If anyone knows of a better option in this price range, please tell me. It doesn't have to be highly portable, just perform well. I'm mostly going to be playing League of Legends, using FL Studio, and playing plenty of other games. Thanks.

could anyone help me?
my phone keeps causing power surges on the "usb hub"
im not sure if its my motherboard being stuffty or my phone

its not really a compute problem, but could anyone help me fix steam sending notifications on ios7 even when the app is loving closed