[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309637 times)

i recently came into some money so i decided to build another rig, im looking to mainly play games
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1MSxK
is it good?

How did you acquire that kind of money?

i recently came into some money so i decided to build another rig, im looking to mainly play games
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1MSxK
is it good?
no

If you have more than 8gb ram and you're not doing some super omega extensive stuff than you're wasting money.

If you have more than 8gb ram and you're not doing some super omega extensive stuff than you're wasting money.
i use ~3GB idling

What stuff do you have open while idling?
steam skype etc etc
money really isnt important as long as it doesnt go over 7k

the gtx770 4g version (evga) is on amazon for 510 bucks.
how much better is this then say, the much cheaper 660-670 models?

note I think I will need all that graphic memory as I plan to triple screen games.
but would prefer not to being doing the sli thing.

I dunno if any of the 600 models can triple screen bf4 on max.

steam skype etc etc
money really isnt important as long as it doesnt go over 7k
I keep quite a few things up and still don't run out of ram.
And just because you have a high budget doesn't mean you have to spill all of your money in it.

I keep quite a few things up and still don't run out of ram.
And just because you have a high budget doesn't mean you have to spill all of your money in it.
why not? xD
besides, i really dont think you're the type of person to tell me how to spend my money lol

why not? xD
besides, i really dont think you're the type of person to tell me how to spend my money lol
Excuse me? Are you saying I'm bad with money?
You know what, go ahead and blow your money off.

It's his money, he'll choose what to do with it. Besides, you don't know what he's going to do with the computer, so you'd have no idea what he needs. Don't make assumptions.

16g is almost to much. 12 is acceptable modern high amount and even then that will never be needed for gaming.

but my real issue is that you picked sloooowwww ram.
if money isn't an issue, you should be using way better ram.

16g is almost to much. 12 is acceptable modern high amount and even then that will never be needed for gaming.

but my real issue is that you picked sloooowwww ram.
if money isn't an issue, you should be using way better ram.
link?