Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310225 times)

So, asking what exactly is wrong from your point of view is instigating?
Wtf are you even saying. Where in my first post were you required to respond with "what's wrong with CRT monitors"

How about you guys stop this stupid, pointless argument and help people that need help.
There's not enough information there to help. It could be several hundred things. I would check your cpu loads and temperatures to see if anything is out of the ordinary

there no pros to crt's at all
its old technology which is long outdated by today flat screens
Uh, yes there are. In fact, I have a giant CRT TV in my room giving me amazing results, such as vibrant colors.

Uh, yes there are. In fact, I have a giant CRT TV in my room giving me amazing results, such as vibrant colors.
and what, you're saying flatscreen TV's give of less vibrant colors? the quality of old crt is stuff compared to modern-day HDTV's

and what, you're saying flatscreen TV's give of less vibrant colors? the quality of old crt is stuff compared to modern-day HDTV's
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I love my TV. It looks really nice. The only major problem is consoles or receivers have never fitted its native resolution. But it's a newer HD CRT, so.

This cannot be debated, once you go HD you can't go back. Well, not without a lot of adjustment.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I love my TV.
but you replied to my quote of "crt is outdated by todays flat screens" with pretty much "no they aren't, my crt is giving off more vibrant colors"
read my quote or be clearer next time

but you replied to my quote of "crt is outdated by todays flat screens" with pretty much "no they aren't, my crt is giving off more vibrant colors"
read my quote or be clearer next time
No no no, I responded to "CRT's have no pros."

And my TV IS actually HD.

There's not enough information there to help. It could be several hundred things. I would check your cpu loads and temperatures to see if anything is out of the ordinary
CPU and RAM Usage are normal, CPU temp unusually always stays below 48C. On a hard load (like maybe 70% CPU usage) it'll get to around 55C, but those temps are no where near damaging.

i can't tell if you actually think crt's are fine or if your subconscious is trying to protect you from the realities of being poor
CRTs are higher latency.
edit: higher than LCD
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 07:11:32 PM by ultimamax »

check gpu temps
Stays under 50C. I run my fans to around 80% to keep my temps cool.

Guys, two quick questions

I have a pre-built gaming computer (don't crucify me I got it when i was like 11) and i'd like to upgrade the graphics a bit.

my current graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 6870, and it requires 500 watts to use (my computer runs fine)
If i was to replace it with a newer card that also only required 500 watts, would I have a psu problem?

Second question.

what graphics card should I look into? I am currently into AMD's stuff, so i'd prefer anything from them.

I have a pre-built gaming computer (don't crucify me I got it when i was like 11) and i'd like to upgrade the graphics a bit.

my current graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 6870, and it requires 500 watts to use (my computer runs fine)
If i was to replace it with a newer card that also only required 500 watts, would I have a psu problem?

Second question.

what graphics card should I look into? I am currently into AMD's stuff, so i'd prefer anything from them.

Find out how many watts your power supply is. It's possible you have even more than 500 watts of leeway, most manufacturers will suggest a hearty margin of safety. As for which graphics card you should get, AMD just had a product showcase with a bunch of new cards so your best bet is most likely one of those. They'll be released mid-october

Second question.

What's your price range? Also if you put all of your parts into pcpartpicker it should tell you the total wattage.

What's your price range? Also if you put all of your parts into pcpartpicker it should tell you the total wattage.
It tells you a close estimate.