Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309743 times)

500w is enough for any video card unless its like a 690 or 7990 or something like that

That'd be the battery, not the drive lolOdd, they should both work. Maybe the manual says something about it?
The only manual I could find online is just a generic manual for a bunch of similar laptops about basic set-up and usage.

So my mom's laptop, upon trying to boot, reports "CMOS low battery" and "CMOS checksum bad". If I choose load default values, it goes to another screen, then restarts the computer and I get nowhere.
I replaced the battery, but I still get the same issue, including low battery and checksum bad errors.
Still having this issue, and she keeps annoying me asking when I'm going to fix it
I'd like to get it fixed before she starts buying/doing whatever random things people suggest she try
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:41:52 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

500w is enough for any video card unless its like a 690 or 7990 or something like that
I still like to have 600 watts

600W is good if you plan on upgrading to more power heavy hardware, other than that there isn't a point to go above 500W (80+ Bronze at the least)

Uh, yes there are. In fact, I have a giant CRT TV in my room giving me amazing results, such as vibrant colors.
CRTs are superior in which they give really vibrant colors and require no backlight.
The only manual I could find online is just a generic manual for a bunch of similar laptops about basic set-up and usage.

Still having this issue, and she keeps annoying me asking when I'm going to fix it
I'd like to get it fixed before she starts buying/doing whatever random things people suggest she try
Check for popped capacitors...?

My PC is currently around 3-5C, isn't that bad?

My PC is currently around 3-5C, isn't that bad?
what the forget? that's like 40F

If you want to call BS on it:

Is that a dangerously low idle temp?

If you want to call BS on it:

Is that a dangerously low idle temp?
there is no such a thing as "dangerously low" only "dangerously high", low temperature is only better for the cpu
it seems that either you are living in an igloo or you cpu thermometer is forgeted up

there is no such a thing as "dangerously low" only "dangerously high", low temperature is only better for the cpu
it seems that either you are living in an igloo or you cpu thermometer is forgeted up
I tried 2 programs, same temp on both.
I have really great cooling and my home is currently air conditioned like crazy.

For cooling I have:
2 120MM fans mounted at the top
GPU fan
CPU fan
PSU fan (pulls up cool air from a bottom vent and then out the back)
And a couple of open vents where fans can go if I got more.

As for the AC, well its a AC.

having the cpu run at less then 75F is nothing to brag about. that means you are not overclocking or using your computer properly when you should be.

its the same line of thinking; same type of people who have 12g of ram, and get mad when they are reaching 50% usage.
like.... yeah.... use the loving computer. why waste potential hardware.

having the cpu run at less then 75F is nothing to brag about. that means you are not overclocking or using your computer properly when you should be.
How am I not using my PC properly? Aside from the fact that I'm not gaming hard.

How am I not using my PC properly? Aside from the fact that I'm not gaming hard.

the ONLY purpose of even knowing the temp, is so you can push the hardware harder and know it's limits.

you are not using your hardware anywhere near its potential.
any thought you have ever had about wishing for newer or better parts is really a joke on you, because you currently arent even using the ones you have.

Bisjac is right, if you somehow managed to get your chip that low you should OC it. You're not going to get any increase in speed as opposed to the same cpu running at 65 C

I'm afraid that if I OC it now than something will happen that causes the temp to raise too much. Right now my theory is that the homes cool temperature helped cool it down, the AC is off at the moment, if the temp continues to climb I'll report back.