Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309986 times)

there no pros to crt's at all
its old technology which is long outdated by today flat screens

i have a crt with a build in vhs, cant get a flatscreen with a vhsplayer / recorder

Actually, a CRT won't break as easy as a LED or LCD television.
I have a CRT television that is 20 years old, still works perfect.

i have a crt with a build in vhs, cant get a flatscreen with a vhsplayer / recorder

vhs?

nor would i ever in a million years need or want one

why in gods name would you need a monitor with a vhs player

well how else would i watch movies?

A VCR is very outdated but it always has that nostalgic feeling when using it.

I have a really weird problem with my computer for the last 2 months and I just now got around to dealing with it. So here it is:

Every time I use my computer for long amounts of time or do stuff like run Minecraft, watch YouTube videos at the same time, and Skype my computer after awhile will start to drop my Minecraft FPS, my Minecraft will still show 90-150 FPS readings but it's no where near that. One day I noticed when it happened, and I dragged one of my internet windows over on my screen, it was also really laggy. Another day it got so bad my audio was cutting in and out and my entire display got maybe, at best 2 FPS, then it froze completely and made this sound.

Here's my System Information.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/27/2013, 17:19:14
Machine name: <REMOVED>-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/03/12 10:22:38 Ver: 15.04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
Page File: 7839MB used, 24828MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Alyx why the forget are you bothering to defend CRT monitors
The actual truth is that they're outdated with very little redeeming quality. Nobody would have known that you have a CRT monitor if you decided not to tell us. In fact, nobody would have cared if you hadn't tried to argue the point. Now that you've wasted 2 pages everyone here is going to remember that you're a dumbforget instead of just moving on and talking about something worth talking about

I was replying to people? I wasn't trying to actually defend a CRT. I know they are stuff but as long as this one is working there isn't a point in throwing it out.

I was replying to people? I wasn't trying to actually defend a CRT. I know they are stuff but as long as this one is working there isn't a point in throwing it out.
You actually instigated this by saying "what's wrong with CRT monitors" when all I did was mention that they were old as a point of reference

So, asking what exactly is wrong from your point of view is instigating?

How about you guys stop this stupid, pointless argument and help people that need help.
I have a really weird problem with my computer for the last 2 months and I just now got around to dealing with it. So here it is:

Every time I use my computer for long amounts of time or do stuff like run Minecraft, watch YouTube videos at the same time, and Skype my computer after awhile will start to drop my Minecraft FPS, my Minecraft will still show 90-150 FPS readings but it's no where near that. One day I noticed when it happened, and I dragged one of my internet windows over on my screen, it was also really laggy. Another day it got so bad my audio was cutting in and out and my entire display got maybe, at best 2 FPS, then it froze completely and made this sound.

Here's my System Information.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/27/2013, 17:19:14
Machine name: <REMOVED>-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/03/12 10:22:38 Ver: 15.04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
Page File: 7839MB used, 24828MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
[/size]

your computer is being possessed and Satan is trying to communicate with you