Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286288 times)

i can't tell if you actually think crt's are fine or if your subconscious is trying to protect you from the realities of being poor

i can't tell if you actually think crt's are fine or if your subconscious is trying to protect you from the realities of being poor
I believe that CRT's are fine, its not like I need a new monitor.

So my mom's laptop, upon trying to boot, reports "CMOS low battery" and "CMOS checksum bad". If I choose load default values, it goes to another screen, then restarts the computer and I get nowhere.
I replaced the battery, but I still get the same issue, including low battery and checksum bad errors.

I believe that CRT's are fine, its not like I need a new monitor.
Other than the obvious, such as bulkiness and weight, they also have lower resolutions, a ton higher power usage, and they emit a little radiation that some people might be worried about.

So my mom's laptop, upon trying to boot, reports "CMOS low battery" and "CMOS checksum bad". If I choose load default values, it goes to another screen, then restarts the computer and I get nowhere.
I replaced the battery, but I still get the same issue, including low battery and checksum bad errors.
It depends which battery you replaced, some of them (including my Latitude D610) have CR2032 batteries separate from the battery that powers the laptop itself and are a pain to replace. Mine had a plastic coating holding two connectors onto the battery that I had to snip in half and later replace with tape, but now it works fine.

It depends which battery you replaced, some of them (including my Latitude D610) have CR2032 batteries separate from the battery that powers the laptop itself and are a pain to replace. Mine had a plastic coating holding two connectors onto the battery that I had to snip in half and later replace with tape, but now it works fine.
That's exactly what I replaced, but mine was very accessible and just pops in/out

Maybe the battery you replaced it with isn't good? Test it with a multimeter, if it gives anything less than 2.2V, it's practically dead.

my moms drive is so old it cant hold a charge for more then ten minutes

wat
If I unplug it, it just dies in ten minutes
thats what I meant

Maybe the battery you replaced it with isn't good? Test it with a multimeter, if it gives anything less than 2.2V, it's practically dead.
The batteries came in a pack of two, I've tried both; one gives 2.9v, the other 3.23v

If I unplug it, it just dies in ten minutes
thats what I meant
That'd be the battery, not the drive lol
The batteries came in a pack of two, I've tried both; one gives 2.9v, the other 3.23v
Odd, they should both work. Maybe the manual says something about it?

That'd be the battery
stuff I SAID DRIVE
forget ME I DIDNT MEAN THAT

Other than the obvious, such as bulkiness and weight, they also have lower resolutions, a ton higher power usage, and they emit a little radiation that some people might be worried about.
Radiation? Well then..

one positive is that all CRT's have native 3D

..due to screen curvature

The curvature isn't really bad at all, the only issue with a CRT that I have is its horrid glare.