Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1300132 times)

will a 20+4 pin PSU will work for a 24 pin motherboard?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339012

a friend is asking this and I'm not sure if it'll fit or not, never had this problem

yes

will a 20+4 pin PSU will work for a 24 pin motherboard?
99.9% of modern day psu's are 20+4 pin

I was just making sure because my PSU is 24 pin instead of 20+4 pin so I didn't want to tell him it'd work and have it not work
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:12:59 PM by Isjix »

can't blame em', wifi for desktop computers seems like a ridiculously stupid concept
Why? What if someone doesn't have access to an Ethernet cable, like me? Our router is in another room, in a place were I don't want/can't have my computer.

Why? What if someone doesn't have access to an Ethernet cable, like me? Our router is in another room, in a place were I don't want/can't have my computer.

get a really long cable. my ethernet cable is ran a length of ~50 feet through my basement and then up to my room lol

get a really long cable. my ethernet cable is ran a length of ~50 feet through my basement and then up to my room lol
Which would require me to drill holes in the floor or have it running across the floor/along the walls, which no one in my house would want, and my parents wouldn't let me drill holes for the cable, and I would have to drill through carpet.

can't blame em', wifi for desktop computers seems like a ridiculously stupid concept
apparently you haven't ever been in a 2-story house
running an ethernet cable from the first to the second floor would be expensive and just a pain in the ass

apparently you haven't ever been in a 2-story house

i live in a 3-story house

running an ethernet cable from the first to the second floor would be expensive and just a pain in the ass

meh, anyway
most wi-fi routers wouldn't even go that far in some cases

i live in a 3-story house

meh, anyway
most wi-fi routers wouldn't even go that far in some cases
because of that we bought a good 200 dollar one
which is still way cheaper than drilling holes and all that bullstuff

because of that we bought a good 200 dollar one
which is still way cheaper than drilling holes and all that bullstuff
Ok I agree that onboard wifi is a great idea but seriously a hand drill is not expensive at all. In fact, you should have one already

lol so just run 100 feet of extra cable around doors or through vents.

yeah that makes sense.
modern wifi dosnt even need antennas or anything. the mobo having it simply just by saying it does. you couldnt tell by seeing it.

maybe your household is stuck in the 1990s. where there still such a thing as the "family computer" out in the living room, of course near the modem.
normal households with computer savvy people, this is not the case.

my house alone needs internet in every room. and there are 4 desktops that run 24/7
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:48:39 PM by Bisjac »

For gaming, ethernet provides you with a lot better latency but that's about it.
There's almost no loss in speeds unless you have insanely high bandwidth.

I live in a three-story house with three people on their computers pretty much 24/7 and a spare computer on the top floor of the house and we all have our own cables :l