Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1312334 times)

Well, all you really need drivers for are:

Motherboard
  • Chipset
  • Network Interface Card
  • USB
  • Audio

Video Card

Alright, I'm going to be honest here. I've never built a full computer here. Maybe upgraded things on my current but never actually built one. How complicated is it? I also have to take out my hard drive from my current computer along with my PSU and my graphics card. How would that be too?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:45:22 PM by NalNalas »

Alright, I'm going to be honest here. I've never built a full computer here. Maybe upgraded things on my current but never actually built one. How complicated is it? I also have to take out my hard drive from my current computer along with my PSU and my graphics card. How would that be too?

It's literally as easy as putting legos together. I built mine without using any tools.

It's literally as easy as putting legos together. I built mine without using any tools.
Oh come on, you've got to use AT LEAST a Philips screwdriver.

Oh come on, you've got to use AT LEAST a Philips screwdriver.
And, if you want good cooling, a few wire ties.

tell me more about how you tool-lessly mounted your motherboard

Page 256...

Base16 FTW!

And, if you want good cooling, a few wire ties.

wire management has such a minimal effect on cooling that you won't see a temperature change unless the wires are stuck in your fans in which case the person building the computer is probably really dumb.

it's all just for looks. messy wiring vs clean wiring vs professionally done wiring, you'd see maaaaybe 1 degree temperature difference.

wire management has such a minimal effect on cooling that you won't see a temperature change unless the wires are stuck in your fans in which case the person building the computer is probably really dumb.

it's all just for looks. messy wiring vs clean wiring vs professionally done wiring, you'd see maaaaybe 1 degree temperature difference.
yeah i know

my wiring job sucks
i either have large cables, a stuffty job organizing, or a small case

I am posting again and I have bought more things

God I love LaCie Harddrives they are so elegant and well built.

I am posting again and I have bought more things

God I love LaCie Harddrives they are so elegant and well built.

How much did that cost? I imagine the Porsche name on there makes up a bulk of the price.

How much did that cost? I imagine the Porsche name on there makes up a bulk of the price.

110 dollars after tax and it's 2 terrabytes