Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308251 times)

"more support"?
I hope you're not talking about driver support or something 'cuz Linux is way ahead of Windows is in terms of drivers, both open source + proprietary. My week-old desktop PC is running Debian 8.1. If you mean game support, you have Steam for Linux and so far I've been able to play games not natively ported over to Linux yet using VMware + Win7 with no problems whatsoever. It's actually a hell of a sweet setup.

aye i meant games, you can use that setup but most people don't tend to really care too much and would rather just stick with windows. steam is now pushing for their steamos which is good, but majority of games nowadays are still windows based, only a few are able to support linux. i have a steam library of 200 games or so and only around 10 are actually playable on linux.

"more support"?
I hope you're not talking about driver support or something 'cuz Linux is way ahead of Windows is in terms of drivers, both open source + proprietary.
lmao

Can't deny that installing drivers on Linux is a huge pain. Windows is definitely my go-to desktop platform, but I love Linux for servers.

I've finally installed debian on my laptop
and it went relatively smoothly
the only remotely difficult part was the wifi driver, and that was just because I was following a subpar guide :(
but on the last try it was easy peasy lemon squeezy. just had to add a non-free repo to my sources list and apt-get install firmware-iwlwifi
even the trackpad worked right from the start with no issue

so idk what is supposedly so bad about drivers on linux

I'm using Xfce, but with the LXDE terminal bc I like the font

hey guys
getting desktop 4 xmas
what build would be able to run gmod at 46 frames?

hey guys
getting desktop 4 xmas
what the forget
why is this so oddly specific

hey guys
getting desktop 4 xmas
46 frames lol

what the forget
why is this so oddly specific
[joke]
Because 45 is too decimal-y and 47 is too odd. 48 is too bit-y and 50 is just plain bad. You can't have decent FPS if they're divisible by 10! Everyone knows that! [/joke]

144 refresh rate master race

why no monitor section?

why no monitor section?
because op hasn't touched the post in like a few years

hey guys
getting desktop 4 xmas
integrated graphics
no joke my mom's laptop on max settings gets 60fps+