[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1300683 times)

Yes, it comes with the cooler from the i5/i7, so it should be able to handle some extra juuce.

idk man this thing can hardly cool itself. I was getting above 65 on stock with my i5.

if i get a g3258, do you guys think i can OC to 4.0 GHz with the stock cooler?
Yeah, you can although you should probably do cable management and ensure you have good airflow.
Source: I did it
idk man this thing can hardly cool itself. I was getting above 65 on stock with my i5.

You'd be surprised, that CPU overclocks exceedingly well. Also 65 isn't that bad considering that the recommended safe temperature is under 80.
I normally get 50-65C on the g3258 on stock cooling when OC'ed as mentioned before.

explain
Cause when someone knows "a lot" about something they don't need to go onto an internet forum to ask a simple question. Also, no matter which side of the aisle you're on, you should know simple stuff about how the major manufacturers name their product, especially if you're going to "start a business" building computers.

Cause when someone knows "a lot" about something they don't need to go onto an internet forum to ask a simple question. Also, no matter which side of the aisle you're on, you should know simple stuff about how the major manufacturers name their product, especially if you're going to "start a business" building computers.

As an addendum: Only knowing about one aspect of a particular field and thinking you "know a lot" about that field is just ignorant, same goes for not seeing the need to know about anything you don't use

I have to replace my motherboard. The one I have factory is pretty expensive so I'm thinking of getting a diff one. Once I replace it, is it just plug and play after that?

Also can someone recommend me a good board under $150?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:03:08 PM by Sheepocalypse »

There are many decent mobos for less then 150. But what mobo size and chipset do you need.

I have no clue
We need to know your mobo size and chipset so we can verify if your new mobo will work. You cant just plot an E-ATX mobo into a Mini-ATX case, it just wont fit. And you cant just plop in any processor into the motherboard, you need to make sure your chipset is compatible with the processor. The Chipset is a series of microchips that the processor and other peripherals connected to the mobo use to communicate with eachother.

I have a factory HP Envy 700-027c
The only custom part is the PSU
I hope this helps, I'm not home so I can't really tell, and I probably wouldn't even know anyway.

I hope this helps, I'm not home so I can't really tell, and I probably wouldn't even know anyway.

Alright, I found your computers mobo on the HP site.

F-Factor: uATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 in) x 24.4 cm (9.6 in)

Chipset: Intel H61
Socket: LGA 1155

The chipset shouldn't matter in the slightest so long as the motherboard you pick doesn't have an older chipset.

Edit: Here's a list of the motherboards that should work: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=14&f=7&sort=d6&page=1&L=3&X=116,65563
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:38:43 PM by Tokthree »

What's the best board I can get for my PC case that's under $150?

Also
Once I replace it, is it just plug and play after that?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:40:00 PM by Sheepocalypse »