[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309523 times)

Ey mates, I've got a Lenovo Ideapad N680 here that was working perfectly, cared for like a golden ingot, that suddenly only turns on the fan and the powerlight. I disassembled it, checked everything, it's all in order. I can turn it on with the power button, the fan, HDD, and DVD ROM turn on but nothing on the screen and hitting Numlock doesn't toggle the light. If I hold the power button, it turns off as expected. Please help.

I've tried removing the HDD and RAM cards hoping for something else to happen (a beep code, for example) but no luck.

Ey mates, I've got a Lenovo Ideapad N680 here that was working perfectly, cared for like a golden ingot, that suddenly only turns on the fan and the powerlight. I disassembled it, checked everything, it's all in order. I can turn it on with the power button, the fan, HDD, and DVD ROM turn on but nothing on the screen and hitting Numlock doesn't toggle the light. If I hold the power button, it turns off as expected. Please help.

I've tried removing the HDD and RAM cards hoping for something else to happen (a beep code, for example) but no luck.
Heh, did you enable projector mode?  as much as this sounds like I am a trolling piece of stuff I am being serious

I hooked up an external display but doesn't seem to do anything. Not like I remember if there's a button to press in the boot menu anyways.

Is a 360mm rad (three 120mm fans)  better cooling then a 280mm rad? (Two 140mm fans)

Since 420mm aio water cooling dosnt exist xd

Guys please help. I need to be able to use the notebook.

Alright listen up folks

I will enlist help from you all if you would help find me a 2 in 1 ultrabook option.  I will list below some characteristics I am looking for and what I don't want

1) Has to be light weight 4 lbs or less
2) Has to have battery life exceeding 6 hours
3) Has to be non detachable
4) Is not a Surface Pro (I already had one, albeit I liked it, but I don't want another)
5) Either 11 inches up to 14 inches screen size
6) Doesn't look like an autistic 12 year old picked out the colors and design

My budget I am aiming for is around the 400 starting point and to not exceed 900-1000, ideally I'd like to median somewhere in the 600-800 dollar range.
look into ultrabooks, like ASUS' zenbooks or dell's XPS series

heya

so, before my computer crashed and died (which afterwards i got back in perfect condition) for a second time, i had GTA V installed (through discs) and everything was fine and happy

now, i'm trying to install GTA V once again with disc 1, and when it does go in i get the usual disc-loading icon by my mouse, but nothing at all happens. i looked on the internet, not much help other than what i've already tried

so then i tried to do it manually, but there's no files at all in the DVD drive. i cleaned the disc, made sure there was no physical damage, checked my drivers for updates and all. i also checked their properties to make sure that their statuses were fine, and even tried restarting the computer just to make sure, and i've obviously got internet connection if that matters

i don't get at all why this wouldn't be working, since it seems the only reported problems with GTA V installation discs have to do with console versions. does anybody know any possible reasons/solutions for this?
just tried it with a disc of an episode from a series, and it showed files on the disc, but still no autorun/option menu
no driver updates, and everything's status is good, according to the computer itself

could anybody here think of any suggestions/solutions? thanks

if i get a g3258, do you guys think i can OC to 4.0 GHz with the stock cooler?

if i get a g3258, do you guys think i can OC to 4.0 GHz with the stock cooler?

no

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117302
can i overclock this or is it locked
i have no idea how to tell on intel processors

what if i want to have a pizza party with firemen?

That'd be a great time but your computer would still shut down if you play a game. :cookieMonster:

If it has a k at the end it's unlocked. This one isn't.

It's locked. That's the processor I have.

I figured you were a computer expert, I was hoping for an answer on that  :cookieMonster:

I figured you were a computer expert, I was hoping for an answer on that  :cookieMonster:
all of my experience is with AMD unfortunately
all i can tell you on intel is if the processor will work on the board