[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309947 times)

those be some price cuts

shows intel is kinda worried about AMD

those be some price cuts

shows intel is kinda worried about AMD
good, maybe intel will step up their game and give us more than just 15% performance boosts

good, maybe intel will step up their game and give us more than just 15% performance boosts
ya this too

seriously, wtf kaby lake

FYI those Intel price cuts have already been debunked as false, they're standard MicroCenter prices AFAIK.

Speaking of Ryzen, there are some good and some bad news. Bad news: only Ryzen 7 is going launch on March 2nd, Ryzen 5 comes in Q2 and Ryzen won't be released until sometime in the second half of the year.
The good news: the top-tier Ryzen 5 1600X will run at the same clock speeds as the 1800X.

Oh my, Micro$oft is up to more bullcrap.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5wawn8/new_windows_10_antibloatware_update_attempts_to/
They're trying to stop you from installing applications that aren't from the Windows store. What the hell.

They aren't exactly stopping you, but it is a bit annoying how they try to force the store down your throat.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:15:33 PM by Mr Queeba »

Oh my, Micro$oft is up to more bullcrap.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5wawn8/new_windows_10_antibloatware_update_attempts_to/
They're trying to stop you from installing applications that aren't from the Windows store. What the hell.
Except you can clearly see in the screenshot that it has a "Install Anyway" button, which means its there purely as a way to try to prevent users from harm, similar to how if you launch any .exe file it confirms if you want to do that, and gives a warning if its not from a verified developer.
Also it says its disabled by default.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:11:35 PM by Ninja Decoy »

They aren't exactly stopping you, but it is a bit annoying how they try to force the store down your throat.
Yeah that's forgetin annoying

microsoft is being weird lately. there's stuff like that, then there's the open source stuff like visual studio code and an openssh port
makes you wonder what's going on in their management

forget sakes.
I am just trying to uninstall that thing because it's corrupted but Windows 10 is like HERE IS A WINDOWS XP ERROR (Which I am positive was also on 98 & 2000)

Not sure if there are any media center fans out there, but I just gave my Plex server a massive upgrade from the old external hard drive I was using (news flash, it failed)

Two gorgeous Seagate Home Media Drives that are dual bay each loaded with a single 4TB drive, I will consider upgrading that later on once I hit my storage headroom, they as well transfer all data via Cat 5e and have been assigned static IP addresses.  They are located symmetrically on the sides of my Plex Media PC which is a rather surprisingly good PC for the job being a business class Lenovo Think-Centre (specs below)

I am terribly sorry for the cable mess, I will be readdressing that once I build and put up my new projector screen canvas thingy this weekend

Think-Centre Specs

i3-3220T @ 2.8 GHz, 2 cores, 4 threads, with hyper threading, does a wonderful damn job at transcoding which honestly surprises me at times
128Gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD
8Gb DDR3 RAM with max of 16, maybe 32, have not tested that theory yet
Uses a maximum of 65 Watts in accordance to it's tiny powerbrick which is amazeballs for a media-center PC
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:10:18 PM by suburb »

Hopefully that's enough storage for an mc server

Hopefully that's enough storage for an mc server
but does he have enough dedotated wam

Ryzen's out, and we got a slew of benchmarks out now.
They generally show that it runs great for applications that use the threads of the cpu effectively, however gaming performance lags behind compared to intel's offerings.

Remember, the R7 1700x and 1800x were meant to compete with the Intel 6800k and 6900k, not their gaming CPU's like the 7700k and the 6700k.