Author Topic: HTRAE (Parallel univere sandbox thing) - New thread, join while you can  (Read 8888 times)

Htrae
Year: 2031

(Jan 4, 2063) Humanity is running out of resources and is trying to make headway into reverse time travel to warn their ancestors. As predicted by scientists today, the only way to do this was a wormhole. The try to do this with neutron-degenerate matter, the stuff that neutron stars are made of. This, in theory, could generate enough gravity to manipulate space-time into a wormhole, if directed correctly. After months of number-crunching, piece-setting, and fine-tuning, they managed to open the wormhole. The gravity, however, of it was too strong and pulled a group of people in. The time travel experiment worked, and they found themselves 50 years behind everyone else. However, there was something they didn't expect- they were in a parallel Earth, where humanity never formed. Because they are cliche, they named it Htrae. Also, due to the time-travelling, the scientists forgot most of what happened in the past 50 years. Even though they have a slight memory of it, it is not enough to really re-create the stuff of 2063.

Htrae (pronounced "Thray") is a planet much like Earth. It has the same mass, volume, etc. But it rotates and revolves the opposite direction.  It has no intelligent race like humans, because they all died when they crossed the land bridge thousands if years ago because of day/night discrepancies, as they were very weary - on normal Earth, it was daytime, so they could survive, but because of the reversed spin on Htrae it was night instead, owing to their demise. Other than that, it's mostly the same. Same elements, etc. Although sensors are getting weird energy patterns underground, and some very F'd up animals are out there.

- Be logical about research. It should take a logical amount of time to develop stuff. You can't get laser guns in 3 years.
- You start with current research.
- No OP items until a LOOOT of time passes.
- The timescale is 365:1.
- Be reasonable. I shouldn't have to outline this crap. You know what sounds reasonable and what doesn't.
- Rules about voiding: It takes 2 other nations to void something. This will later increase to 3 as more nations start. I can void or unvoid anything, and that isn't up for argument.
- Start out with a reasonable population that gradually increases.
- Wars are allowed, but you can't just go around just fighting people. You need a valid reason.
- Global events can only be announced by me. You guys cannot just say "a meteor strikes your capital and your country falls"
- Have a sense of humor. This is not a very serious thread.  If something like the above rule happens and it's obviously a joke, laugh about it. Don't get all pissy.
- The global currency is the value of the USD as it was in 2013. You are free to have your own, but if so you must state the value.
- Have fun.
- Be reasonable
- Be reasonable
- Don't be an idiot
- Be reasonable. There's a reason I said it 4 times.
- Tudoreleuu is the map-maker and general art-producer, SWAT One is a moderator. Obey both of them, and, of course, me.

HTRAE (Includes Acirema Htron and Htuos, Eporue, Aisa, and Acifra)

ACITCRATNA (Still part of Htrae)

ANUL (Also called THE NOOM, Htrae's only satellite)

Name:

Flag & Anthem:
Anthem is optional, flag is not.

Government Type & Capital:

Population:
Max starting population is 50,000.

Culture (Language, Religion, Cuisine, Currency, etc.):
OPTIONAL. If you do not specify currency, we will assume you use USD. If you do put currency, specify the value in USD.

Weapons:
OPTIONAL

~THANKS TO TUDORELEUU FOR THE PRETTIES
~THANKS TO SWAT1 FOR MODERATATIFYING
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:25:32 PM by TristanLuigi »

Name: The Epsilon Republic (The ER.) The demonym is Epsilian. Our side-territory, Delta Island's, demonym is Deltenian.

Flag & Anthem:

We do not have an anthem, nor pledge.

Government Type & Capital:
Oligarchy, situated in Epsilon City. We try to stay away from combat as much as possible, instead focusing on research. We're like Sweden. Lol

Population:
50,000 at the moment.

Culture (Language, Religion, Cuisine, Currency, etc.):
We speak a variation of English called Epsilian English that is essentially 90% American English, 5% Greek, 2% Latin, and 3% British English. We have no "official" religion, but our country is mostly Atheists and Agnostics, however, they have the freedom of religion. Our cuisine is mostly Canadian (which in turn is just American with stuff like Poutine thrown in. God Poutine is delicious.) We use USD.

Weapons:
The usual weapons. Glocks, AR's, you know. We are researching in super-dense bullets and high-energy explosive charges to fire them, though.

Location: We live where the Northeast US and Southeast Canada would be, while over time we plan to start expanding westward. We also have where Hawaii should be as Delta Island, a territory of ours. They own a slightly broken off government, but we still control them. Their capital is Delta City.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:16:55 PM by TristanLuigi »

RESERVED FOR NATION POST, BUT NO TEMPLATE IS MADE AAHHHH

RESERVED FOR NATION POST, BUT NO TEMPLATE IS MADE AAHHHH
Lulz
I'll add one oops. I thought it's kinda obvious.

Nation Name: Europe Union
Motto: Europe has come!
National Anthem:
'O Europe has fell!
A great once it has been!
People branched of!
Countries ran!
Europe has grown, 'o grown and grown.
Become the nation that lives as the Union of all of the countries that fled...

Government Type: Democratic Republic
Legislature: President, Senate
Economy Type: Mixed Market

Ancestral Roots: England, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Netherland
Demonym: European
Population: 60,000
Language(s): English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Swiss

Capital: Europa
Major Cities: New London, Europa, New Paris
Map: If we are assuming same tectonic patterns as Earth, I call Russia and Europe <3.

Alliances:
Trade Partners:
Organization(s): DAV [Democratic Alliance of Vothus]

DEFCON Level: 4

Military Specs:

NemiRI-SW Series

Aks

C7A2-C7A3

F2000

MA1

SCREW IT COPY PASTE

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:56:29 PM by Swat 3 »

European Union
I'm fine with you using the EU, but I would seriously wait to claim that much territory. You'll have a hell of a time defending it, that's for sure.

wtf why'd you copy humanity's future

Parallel Universe sandbox thing

Europe, East Europe, and Europe-Russia.

Humanity's future copied Earth 6.5, which copied Earth 7.0, and 6.0, then 5.0, 4.0 and so on and so forth. It's not really an original idea for anyone. And then there's things like Earth Sandbox, Alternate Earth, there are so many out there. Besides, I have yet to really reveal it but this planet is special. But you'll have to wait for that...

Plus, say you were late to the party. If you start late into the game, you'll be WAY behind!

I was going to join when suddenly SWAT. Have fun.

Humanity's future copied Earth 6.5
No it didn't

No one is going to join this

If he becomes a problem, then I'll deal with it. You can join if you so want. Please do, the more, the merrier.
No it didn't

No one is going to join this
Humanity's Future was NOT an original thread. There were so many before it, it's ridiculous to say it was the first. And as I said, there's going to be a twist on this one that will reveal itself later. Even then, it's nice if you have a couple different countries in case you ballz up on one thread.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:47:50 PM by TristanLuigi »

If he becomes a problem, then I'll deal with it. You can join if you so want. Please do, the more, the merrier.Humanity's Future was NOT an original thread. There were so many before it, it's ridiculous to say it was the first. And as I said, there's going to be a twist on this one that will reveal itself later.
Meh... ok... but you'll have to wait for tommorow, because late and on iPhone

I came here to escape that drama.

Leave it behind, it is really annoying.

I came here to escape that drama.

Leave it behind, it is really annoying.
Yeah. Don't want any drama.