Poll

Do you think that you will enjoy the server when it opens?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Dusk City Warfare [Update on pg. 10]  (Read 15219 times)

Logo created by Zay. Logo images taken by Dr. Zegobob

Topic Navigation

About This Project

Dusk City is a new project started by Zay. Our goal is to turn this into a public-hosted server that will be using Slayer to create a Team Deathmatch. This takes place in a town with many houses, buildings, and utilities that the teams will have to get through to conquer each other. There are many rooms and passageways in this town, and the players will have to use them to their advantage in defeating the enemy. Each player will have to find his or her own way through the town to win the battle. We will be using Hells & Khain for ranged weaponry, Tier & Tactical 2 for melee weapons, and even a couple special custom weapon edits and item creations. When this is complete, this will be hosted publicly by Zay with RTB hosting.

Server hosted with RTB hosting.

Images
Images taken by Dr. Zegobob with 1080p resolution, but they have been shortened for this page. Click them for the full size.

Zay's Server Administration

Zay - 17726 - Host
Dr. Zegobob - 23620 - Super Admin
Mold - 2972 - Super Admin
Zeblote - 1163 - Super Admin
Reinforcements - 23459 - Super Admin
Electrk - 12949 - Super Admin
Blooker - 17864 - Super Admin
Juicebox - 2206 - Super Admin
Furdle - 713 - Super Admin
BlackStorm - 20297 - Admin
Snuffers - 35404 - Admin
Ziggyzagoo - 14457 - Admin
ThinkInvisible - 14511 - Admin
Nymph - 17016 -Admin
Clix - 8239 - Admin
Adminstratorism - 15740 - Admin
Kazami - 1465 - Admin
Agent Creeper - 12443 - Admin
WALDO - 13063 - Admin
Gizmo - 12815 - Admin
Devo - 19101 - Admin
Master Blaster - 23975 - Admin
Khain - 7368 - Admin

There are not and will never be any admin applications.

Testing the Server

Would you like to help with this project? If you would, you may sign up to become a Beta Tester for the server. We will be taking twenty members, and to get in you need to make a reply to this topic or send Zay or I a PM with your Blockland name, your BL_ID, and a short message saying how you will benefit the server by testing it.

For example:
"Hello, I am Blockhead and my BL_ID is 1337. I would enjoy beta testing the server and I am great at searching for bugs and map/gameplay exploits."

List of Beta Testers:
  • Brozie
  • Joffrey
  • .:FancyPants:.
  • Popeye
  • Radioactive Mace
  • Khain
  • Pablo
  • Dwyane Wade
  • Xolerate
  • IkeTheGeneric
  • Kong123
  • SailorMan
  • Nixton

Any administrator and/or builder on Zay's server can also help with the tasks of the Beta Testers listed above.

What are the jobs of a Beta Tester?:
Beta Testers are people that have signed up to aid the server by searching for bugs, exploits, and issues during game-play so that game-play will be more enjoyable. As a Beta Tester, you are required to join the server regularly to search for bugs, exploits, and issues during the game-play. Beta Testers should be able to attend most beta sessions and come on the server every once-in-a-while when there are no sessions. If a Beta Tester finds any bug, exploit, or issue that would even slightly affect game-play, he or she should tell any administrator on Zay's server so that the issue can be brought to the attention of the builders and server staff. Testers must be active enough to be a help to the server.

When on the server as a Beta Tester, you should play the game as any normal player would, but you should always be trying to find and exploit any error or issue with the the items, weapons, scripts, vehicles or map that the server uses. If you have found anything that you think would be even the slightest issue, you should alert any member of the server staff by in-game chat, RTB IRC chat, a forum PM, or any other method.

Beta Sessions:
Beta Sessions are given times when Beta Testers should be expected on the server. If you are a Beta Tester, please join these sessions if it is possible for you.

Session #1 - 1/21/2013
Session #2 - 2/5/2013

Project News

1/5/2013 - Topic created and serious progress is being made. This will be public soon.
1/12/2013 - More terrain created and the Dusk City park is now being built by Snuffers. Zay also moved buildings to make the layout more organized.
1/14/2013 - Zebolte, Zay, and Wound made major process on the huge underground complex. Trains remade by Zebolte, and Khain and Nickel came to balance and organize weapon selection.
1/21/2013 - Walls were set up around the city, and a poll was added to see opinions on ground color. A new new section has been added to this topic for hiring beta testers.
1/29/2013 - Beta testing has been started. Testers may join the server at any time to test it.
2/5/2013 - The project is about 75% complete according to Zay. Progress is being made, and the project is nearly complete. All Beta Testers have been called to the server for a large testing session.
4/1/2013 - Dusk City is no longer being worked on. April Fool's!

Credits

Zay - Hosting the server, building the roads, building houses and shops, building [ST] Armory and church, building and helping with terrain, building spawn rooms, grenade edits and particles, and building most of the map (buildings, roads, layout).

Dr. Zegobob - Building the radio tower and station, building terrain, adding events, helping with houses, taking pictures of the map.

Clix - Building and helping with houses and shops.

Reinforcements - Modeling and scripting assistance.

Zeblote - Scripting assistance, major building (including the underground complex area), and placing the VCE events on the capture points.

Mold - Scripting assistance.

Juicebox/Wound - Scripting and building.

Snuffers - Server/item ideas and building the Dusk Park, and other help around the project.

Devo - Building and helping with builds.

Furdle - Loading in many builds and vehicles to be put in the city.

Master Blaster - Assistance with terrain and building interiors.

Feel free to rate this project x/10 and leave feedback/constructive criticism. Thank you!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:10:10 AM by Dr_Zegobob »

Alot of it seems kind of slap dashed and shoe horned in.

who made the yellow golden building? i think i saw it somewhere else, built by blocktim or twentefreak or someone

edit maybe not.. 90% sure i saw one alot like it tho

Awesome!

who made the yellow golden building? i think i saw it somewhere else, built by blocktim or twentefreak or someone
I watched Zay building it.

Where is my credit? lol I helped on building some things.

helping zay building, did some lovey terrain.

i think i saw it somewhere else, built by blocktim or twentefreak or someone
no you didn't I watched Zay build the entire thing.

Ah thanks for the topic Zego.

Also

Alot of it seems kind of slap dashed and shoe horned in.

wtf is that supposed to mean?

It needs terrain and curvy roads instead of that city RPG road layout. I like the buildings though.

Ogm I was working on a City TDM... Still, cool I guess.

I think the roads need a few more objects on them for cover, it seems a tad bit to open. Otherwise great job.

So I'm part of this now
Okay lol

So I'm part of this now
Okay lol
Zay made you an admin because you are a DJ in his clan.

I think the roads need a few more objects on them for cover, it seems a tad bit to open. Otherwise great job.
I think Zay and I will work on the roads some more, but otherwise, thanks.

It needs terrain and curvy roads instead of that city RPG road layout. I like the buildings though.
I agree with you, by the end of this project we will try to have most of this surrounded with terrain, and Zay and I will hopefully try to work on some curvy roads.

I think my house just kinda makes the whole build

I loving hate you , it looks great and the layout is pretty neat. >:(
That was a joke if you didn't get it so lol

Zay made you an admin because you are a DJ in his clan.
Ah, ok
I wish I could help, but I'm basically stuff at everything

Ah thanks for the topic Zego.

Also

wtf is that supposed to mean?
looks like things are just dumped in at random without a single thought about organization.

neat buildings, but no order at all.

oil wells, industrial train stations, quarries, and military guard towers don't really belong in a suburban neighborhood.