Poll

If you could control the average BL user/forumer's age, how old would they be?

I stand neutral on the matter.
5~12
13~18
13~21
13+
18+
I hate all age groups collectively. ♥

Author Topic: Poll & Why: user age  (Read 3421 times)

Fairly straightforward, the thought crossed my mind while reading about some of our Ancient Crabs. Both the BlockLand community and the forums here ary widely in participants age, ranging from all the way to 7 year-olds, to mid-30s+.

What I've noticed over time is that while a person's sense of humor is more or less the same regardless of age, the older folk are much more rational and helpful. Imagine civilized dramas, clearly pointing out what is wrong, no screaming and yelling, calmly discussing a resolution.

Or imagine a freebuild server that isn't full of loving red spam, and rather legitimate attempts at advanced machinery with events, or large feats of architecture.

Anyways, I've expanded on my thought, I think 13+ is a good age range but I wish we had a few more people around 18~21, just to balance out the fools and idiots. argument: cubelands/furling

Select your opinion in the poll, explain why or argue why not.

there are only like ten people over 20 on these forums, this game isnt a simulator or anything, its just like any other sandbox game. its geared towards creative gamers, not architects. making it 18-21 would only make the game less popular and not worth buying.

13+ is good

I'm fine with all ages.

13+ would probably be the best.

Typical Blockland age conversations
5-12= hwo i play?

13-17= snake! :3

18-30= I can be an starfish and a nice guy guy depending on my mood, and the friendry of OP.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:06:01 PM by bejacks »

5-12= hwo i play?

13-16= snake! :3

18-30 I can be an starfish and a nice guy guy depending on my mood, and the friendry of OP.
Pretty much this.

5-12= hwo i play?

13-16= snake! :3

18-30 I can be an starfish and a nice guy guy depending on my mood, and the friendry of OP.

I guess 17 year olds are an enigma here

I know how to play Blockland perfectly fine, yet I am 12.

I also think my Technical skills and typing skills increased because of these forums, and my maturity online increased from spamming cookies all over my posts into 15 year old posts.

I have improved because of this forums, so I rather say +13 because most of the other kids below 11 are forgettards.

LOVE LOGIC!

I also think my Technical skills and typing skills increased because of these forums, and my maturity online increased from spamming cookies all over my posts into 15 year old posts.

I have improved because of this forums, so I rather say +13 because most of the other kids below 11 are forgettards.

LOVE LOGIC!

Yeah, kids usually start to mature at 12; or they usually take up smoking and alchohol.

Makes sense.

and the friendry of OP.

Y ru so meen ;-;

But really, what friendry? I believe most, if not all of my posts are on par with the average user.

I wouldn't mind 18+ since a lot of the people I hang out with regularly are in their 20s, but you know, I kinda need to be here too so 13+
I mean yeah it's meant to be 13+ anyway but nobody really cares for that.

Also I don't see any point in limiting how old someone can be, like once you turn 18 you are immediately banned from here or something.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:39:10 PM by Clone v.117 »