Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)

Author Topic: Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)  (Read 13257 times)

My car:

It's not fancy but I got it cheap.

Edit: The car in the pic isn't actually mine, but its the same make/model/color.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:43:52 PM by dotdothexagon »

I thought you only had a permit and made like a thousand topics about getting a car
Yes. And I'm 1 day away from my license, and have to buy my own car by the end of the month. You can see why I'm rather frantic about choosing one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:46:00 PM by Jeep »

nice car, but why are you getting a new car before you even have a license?
I got a car right on my 16th birthday. Don't most people?

I got a car right on my 16th birthday. Don't most people?
No.

am i the only one that texts and drives?

Because he's rich as forget

how else would he afford $20 every two months
so am i but i spend my money on things that are worthwhile 8)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:06:12 PM by Tango² »

Because he's rich as forget

how else would he afford $20 every two months
I did a triple take.

am i the only one that texts and drives?
I text at stop lights but that's only because I can text without looking, so if the light goes green I'll just put down the phone and finish at the next stop light.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:07:20 PM by !Trinick »

I text at stop lights but that's only because I can text without looking, so if the light goes green I'll just put down the phone and finish at the next stop light.
pretty much what i do

Does anyone else drive with only 1 hand? Not like, gangster style with your hand at the top of the steering wheel, but with one hand in general? I hold onto the wheel at 2 or 5 o'clock with my right hand when driving normally, but for right turns I grab it with my left, or turns where I need to hand over hand left. That or when I'm in like a construction zone or a school zone where I may need better control.

yeah i prefer one hand
if im on the interstate or out of the city i just hold on at 6 oclock

At 6? That seems kinda awkward, that's kinda like having your hand in your crotch while you drive. Maybe that's just because my car is really smooshed down, though.

Does anyone else drive with only 1 hand? Not like, gangster style with your hand at the top of the steering wheel, but with one hand in general? I hold onto the wheel at 2 or 5 o'clock with my right hand when driving normally, but for right turns I grab it with my left, or turns where I need to hand over hand left. That or when I'm in like a construction zone or a school zone where I may need better control.

A lot of people do that because it is tiring to do with both hands up all the time.  I saw a guy one time showing off for his girl friend with his hands up in the air, OH THE TEMPTATION to swerve at him to make him stuff himself, but I didn't want to make him wreck.

Yeah, I get a lot of people usually drive with one hand. I brought it up 'cause I wanted to see if anyone else drove exactly like me.

Also, I drive this:

Not the S version, but the same body.

Some proof I guess because people have tended to not believe me in the past with just my word,

I drive 1 handed bus driver style where you flatten your palm when you turn the wheel around.

I drive 1 handed bus driver style where you flatten your palm when you turn the wheel around.
Oh god, that freaks me out when people do that. I feel like if they were to hit a bump the wheel would slip and they'd lose control.

Nice Porsche, Trinick.

I'm really into muscle cars, for example, once I get my driver's license I'm buying myself a Ford Maverick or a Chevrolet Opala.