Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)

Author Topic: Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)  (Read 12968 times)

Selfy.

[img ]http://jeepwranglerolympia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/jeep-wrangler-12.jpeg[/img]

Also, it was irresponsible for your parents to:

1) Buy you a car.
2) Buy you a car on your learners permit.
       a. JUST got your learners permit.
       b. Learners permit's aren't meant for this purpose.
Its also for my dad. Until I get my license . He will probably buy himself a other car after that.

Regardless, he bought the car for you. It is intended for your use, and he will use it occasionally. It wasn't a responsible idea to buy you a car on your permit. He should have waited until you got your license if he was bent on buying it. The chances of you getting into an accident on your permit are as high as they get. And when your dad puts you on insurance and sets this to your primary car, the premium is going to be at minimum $300 per month.

You'll be paying $3,600.00 a year on insurance alone in a best case scenario. If you get into the slightest accident, your premium will be jacked up substantially, and you're going to end up paying in the upwards of 4,000 dollars a year just because you had an 08 car.

If you say that the money doesn't bother you, then you have no aspect of money management. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. It's the reality of this situation.

^Look at the above posters truck. It's a realistic vehicle for a new driver, and he probably bought it himself. So he can truly say that it's his. Nice truck btw. Excellent job cleaning it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:06:12 PM by Jeep »

his family isnt exactly rich either, glass i would tell your parents how much you love them
they're probably bending over backwards for you

Regardless, he bought the car for you. It is intended for your use, and he will use it occasionally. It wasn't a responsible idea to buy you a car on your permit. He should have waited until you got your license if he was bent on buying it. The chances of you getting into an accident on your permit are as high as they get. And when your dad puts you on insurance and sets this to your primary car, the premium is going to be at minimum $300 per month.

You'll be paying $3,600.00 a year on insurance alone in a best case scenario. If you get into the slightest accident, your premium will be jacked up substantially, and you're going to end up paying in the upwards of 4,000 dollars a year just because you had an 08 car.

If you say that the money doesn't bother you, then you have no aspect of money management. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. It's the reality of this situation.
I mean, We bought it because my dad's work is making him use his personal car now (he used to be allowed to use it for personal use as well). So we had to buy a new car anyway. Me and him both decided on what car. So for the year I have my permit, we will basically share it. Then when I get my license he will just buy himself a new one, or the other way around.

his family isnt exactly rich either, glass i would tell your parents how much you love them
they're probably bending over backwards for you
I can't tell if you just called me poor.

I'm still thinking about a Chevy Volt because of stuffty $4+ gas prices in California.

I'm still thinking about a Chevy Volt because of stuffty $4+ gas prices in California.
I heard for their price, It's actually not worth it. Just get a car that's good on gas.

^Look at the above posters truck. It's a realistic vehicle for a new driver, and he probably bought it himself. So he can truly say that it's his. Nice truck btw. Excellent job cleaning it.
Thanks, My father and I restored it. 5 Speed Manual with 100K miles.

I mean, We bought it because my dad's work is making him use his personal car now (he used to be allowed to use it for personal use as well). So we had to buy a new car anyway. Me and him both decided on what car. So for the year I have my permit, we will basically share it. Then when I get my license he will just buy himself a new one, or the other way around.

Chevy stopped making them within a year of their inception because they were so unreliable (and fire prone). Try the Cruze w/ EcoBoost.

Thanks, My father and I restored it. 5 Speed Manual with 100K miles.
Still counts. You put work into it.

ive been looking at monte carlo's (before you ask im a good driver and insurance isnt that loving expensive, hell i can pay for it myself)

I can't tell if you just called me poor.
yes

ive been looking at monte carlo's (before you ask im a good driver and insurance isnt that loving expensive, hell i can pay for it myself)

yes
That's actually pretty nice.

Does it matter? We can afford it just fine, so doesn't matter really.

(before you ask im a good driver and insurance isnt that loving expensive, hell i can pay for it myself)
A Monte Carlo would be a great solution when it came to insurance (liability assuming). Gas and maintenance is where you might strike out. Insurance on an 08 car with a new driver will be much different than a Monte Carlo with a relatively experienced driver.

Does it matter? We can afford it just fine.
You have a lot to learn, my friend. A lot.

A Monte Carlo would be a great solution when it came to insurance (liability assuming). Gas and maintenance is where you might strike out. Insurance on an 08 car with a new driver will be much different than a Monte Carlo with a relatively experienced driver.
beleive me
i can afford it just fine

beleive me
i can afford it just fine
I didn't say you couldn't? Though, the emphasized believe me strikes me as arrogance.

You have a lot to learn, my friend. A lot.

Fine, I can drive my dad's 1991...Comaro Z28:cookieMonster:

My dad is rebuilding his at the moment, but this looks almost exactly like it.