Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)

Author Topic: Got my driving permit and getting new car (Pix on 4)  (Read 12963 times)

There you go. That's a car that is realistic, and you can actually have fun with.

There you go. That's a car that is realistic, and you can actually have fun with.
Insurance would be higher than the 08..I would think... Its a Sports Car with a Supercharger in it. Has close to 500HP.

Insurance would be higher than the 08..I would think... Its a Sports Car with a Supercharger in it. Has close to 500HP.
The insurance would be more on the 08. The Camaro wouldn't be exactly cheap, but would still amount to a lot less than the Acura would.

The insurance would be more on the 08. The Camaro wouldn't be exactly cheap, but would still amount to a lot less than the Acura would.
Wow. I would think the Camaro would be alot more, especially since it has the SuperCharger n' stuff.

The Camaro was actually going to be my original car but my dad ended up wanting to get something more up-to-date with good airbags, safety etc.

Wow. I would think the Camaro would be alot more, especially since it has the SuperCharger n' stuff.

The Camaro was actually going to be my original car but my dad ended up wanting to get something more up-to-date with good airbags, safety etc.
Well, neither car will be cheap. I would have went for an 03 - 04 Acura. I've physically witnessed a Blazer land on top of an 04 Acura (after hitting a school bus), and the Acura driver got out unharmed.

Plus, with the 03-04, insurance would be a TON cheaper than either the Camaro or the 08 car.

So my dad owns 3 trucks. Really nice trucks too. Yet I'm still driving my first car, which is a 20-year-old piece of stuff BMW he got for like $800, which he only gave to me after I got my license and a job to pay for car insurance.

And you get an Acura for getting your permit. #jealous #killyouinyoursleep

So my dad owns 3 trucks. Really nice trucks too. Yet I'm still driving my first car, which is a 20-year-old piece of stuff BMW he got for like $800, which he only gave to me after I got my license and a job to pay for car insurance.

And you get an Acura for getting your permit. #jealous #killyouinyoursleep
I'm scared. ;-;

I love my SUV, even though its 12-15 MPG city and highway is absolutely god awful compared to its lies and slander about 20 21 city and highway MPG.  It's still a great ass car to have especially since we only paid 5 grand for it used and then put about 3 grand in repairs but it still runs great.

Mitsubishi Motero Sport 2002

OR

I could take my mom's 2009 Mazada 6 which is fun to drive at times depending, she won't ever give it to me but a while back it was possible she was gonna sell it and get a smaller SUV sort of like mine.

-snipe- because personal stuphs

Yes, I know, both of our cars are filthy but the salt here in Minnesota is just awful on the roads especially since it's rained the last 2-3 days now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:52:06 PM by suburb »

Anyone want to trade cars

Chevy stopped making them within a year of their inception because they were so unreliable (and fire prone).

That was a lie perpetuated by an idiotic media looking for a story. The cars that made it to market would never have caught on fire.

The whole thing was started because one of the cars being used for collision testing had been overcharged AFTER the battery casing was damaged. So yes, if you crashed a Chevy Volt and then destructively overcharged the battery, it would set fire. Although I'd much rather an electric car catch fire from a collision than a gasoline-powered one.

The volt was too expensive, being more than $50,000 at it's cheapest, and from the awful press it got. It was still an incredible vehicle.

I love my SUV, even though its 12-15 MPG city and highway is absolutely god awful compared to its lies and slander about 20 21 city and highway MPG.  It's still a great ass car to have especially since we only paid 5 grand for it used and then put about 3 grand in repairs but it still runs great.

Mitsubishi Motero Sport 2002
[img width=1024]http://localhostr.com/file/v79Yy2iA5OXL/DSC_0135.JPG[/img ]
[img width=1024]http://localhostr.com/file/kNzMeoAZ0YCZ/DSC_0137.JPG[/img ]

OR

I could take my mom's 2009 Mazada 6 which is fun to drive at times depending, she won't ever give it to me but a while back it was possible she was gonna sell it and get a smaller SUV sort of like mine.
[img width=1024]http://localhostr.com/file/5bwluFFV2MxK/DSC_0144.JPG[/img ]

Yes, I know, both of our cars are filthy but the salt here in Minnesota is just awful on the roads especially since it's rained the last 2-3 days now.
might be wise to edit out the plate in that last pic, i found out some pretty sensitve info with it :s

I dont have pictures of my project, but that's the car that I'm restoring. 67 El Camino
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:53:41 PM by Spectrum2 »

Heres our list of cars.

Dodge Durango 2004.

Not our car, Just example. (Holy stuff...I need to take some pics of our vehicles. ;-;)

Ford F-150 (forget what year)

Acura TL 2008.

Dad's Camaro Z28 1991.