Author Topic: Humble Water Filter Merchant VS. Piers Morgan  (Read 2035 times)

No I don't agree with that, a gun is an enabler.

Hiding behind a gun is an easy, cowards way to kill. You don't hear of mass school stabbings every few years, it just wouldn't happen.
people will still kill people.

im not a huge fan of Humble Water Filter Merchant. but i absolutely HATE piers morgan lol.

I've yet to hear about a whole cinema of 60 people being injured by a single knife lol but a single gun sure

Confused Americans.

Piers Morgan has a point though. Humble Water Filter Merchant sounds like a prick.

im not a huge fan of Humble Water Filter Merchant. but i absolutely HATE piers morgan lol.
Nobody likes piers morgan, There's not a single thing to like.

I've yet to hear about a whole cinema of 60 people being injured by a single knife lol but a single gun sure

Confused Americans.
There was a mass stabbing in China (pretty sure it was within a week of that elementary school shooting)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

yes
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:54:01 AM by Ben Grapevine »

i would rather be shot then stabbed lol.

the damage potential of a blade is a hell of a lot more then a bullet.

i would rather be shot then stabbed lol.

the damage potential of a blade is a hell of a lot more then a bullet.
I've seen both and a bullet that exits the body is a lot better than being stabbed

knife stabs are actually more damaging than a little .223 bullet because of the much larger surface area

knife stabs are actually more damaging than a little .223 bullet because of the much larger surface area

I don't think you understand how bullets work.
On impact with the target they mushroom and launch shrapnel around inside the victim; ripping through organs and tissue. The entry hole is relatively small however the exit is often the size of baseballs; this is caused by the mushrooming.

There was a mass stabbing in China (pretty sure it was within a week of that elementary school shooting)

Nobody died. Knife wounds are often relatively small and easy to handle if you know what to do. If you or someone else is stabbed, apply immediate pressure to the wound. If the knife is still in, keep it in; pulling it out will increase blood loss. Even if you're stabbed in the heart there is still a chance of survival, with a bullet the heart gets obliterated.
Shootings are a lot more difficult to deal with due to the massive trauma and damage caused to the victim.

It shouldn't be a matter of debate if firearms are good or bad, yes good and sensible people use them but so do the mentally deranged, criminals and the unstable. It doesn't take a lot for a human being to begin making irrational decisions based on anger and hate.

I don't think you understand how bullets work.
On impact with the target they mushroom and launch shrapnel around inside the victim; ripping through organs and tissue. The entry hole is relatively small however the exit is often the size of baseballs; this is caused by the mushrooming.

Nobody died. Knife wounds are often relatively small and easy to handle if you know what to do. If you or someone else is stabbed, apply immediate pressure to the wound. If the knife is still in, keep it in; pulling it out will increase blood loss. Even if you're stabbed in the heart there is still a chance of survival, with a bullet the heart gets obliterated.
Shootings are a lot more difficult to deal with due to the massive trauma and damage caused to the victim.

It shouldn't be a matter of debate if firearms are good or bad, yes good and sensible people use them but so do the mentally deranged, criminals and the unstable. It doesn't take a lot for a human being to begin making irrational decisions based on anger and hate.

What you are describing is special ammunition that is military grade.  Most bullets do not explode on impact.

Also you will not live from being stabbed in the heart unless you are switched to an artificial one while your real heart is being surgically pieced back together from being torn apart by a knife.  Even then your heart may not work

yeah gaz you watch to many movies. nearly all bullets people would encounter will not pass through you. nor sill they shatter shrapnel all over inside. nor would the majority of bullets/guns cause a huge gaping hole that gamers tend to believe happens all the time. being shot is quite minor, it usually takes many shots to kill a person lol.
knifes cause brutal damage very easily.

yeah gaz you watch to many movies. nearly all bullets people would encounter will not pass through you. nor sill they shatter shrapnel all over inside. nor would the majority of bullets/guns cause a huge gaping hole that gamers tend to believe happens all the time. being shot is quite minor, it usually takes many shots to kill a person lol.
People jacked on drugs can take ALOT of bullets

What you are describing is special ammunition that is military grade.  Most bullets do not explode on impact.
No i'm not, actually read. The bullet, any bullet, any calibre will mushroom fragment on impact with human tissue. This causes shards of the bullet, which can also be known as shrapnel to be sent into the victim. It's simple ballistics, it's the way it works; special ammunition or not.

Also you will not live from being stabbed in the heart unless you are switched to an artificial one while your real heart is being surgically pieced back together from being torn apart by a knife.  Even then your heart may not work

In the majority of cases no, it depends on the circumstances such as the type of knife, length of blade which can dictate the extent of the damage. However if the person makes it to a hospital and is capable of undergoing surgery, the heart can be repaired and continue to function. It is a muscle, it is capable of repairing itself when provided with help from that good'ol medical science.

Incorrect; Google is there to help you. I suggest you use it. I can see what you're saying, it depends entirely under the circumstances; a number of factors are at play. However in the majority, despite the circumstances the damage carries those broad characteristics and is more damaging then stab-wounds. The conclustion still stands, in terms of damage bullet > knife.

There are ballistic studies available to you, in the public domain. It's not hard to find them. Hell, there are videos demonstrating the destructive capabilities of bullets; ballistics gel doesn't lie.
Re-reading, i'm not being entirely clear on what I'm attempting to get across, either skipping minor details or not using the correct terminology to describe the situation. Apologies for this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:14:06 PM by Gaz »

No i'm not, actually read. The bullet, any bullet, any calibre will mushroom fragment on impact with human tissue. This causes shards of the bullet, which can also be known as shrapnel to be sent into the victim. It's simple ballistics, it's the way it works; special ammunition or not.

In the majority of cases no, it depends on the circumstances such as the type of knife, length of blade which can dictate the extent of the damage. However if the person makes it to a hospital and is capable of undergoing surgery, the heart can be repaired and continue to function. It is a muscle, it is capable of repairing itself when provided with help from that good'ol medical science.
Incorrect; Google is there to help you. I suggest you use it. I can see what you're saying, it depends entirely under the circumstances; a number of factors are at play. However in the majority, despite the circumstances the damage carries those broad characteristics and is more damaging then stab-wounds. The conclustion still stands, in terms of damage bullet > knife.

There are ballistic studies available to you, in the public domain. It's not hard to find them. Hell, there are videos demonstrating the destructive capabilities of bullets; ballistics gel doesn't lie.
Re-reading, i'm not being entirely clear on what I'm attempting to get across, either skipping minor details or not using the correct terminology to describe the situation. Apologies for this.
1. Sorry bud but you are thinking of hollow-point bullets which are designed to expand inside the body.  Regular ammunition has a lead tip which is used for speed to get through an object(e.g. a person) quickly.

2. Muscles can't just magically heal from medical science, self-reparation is a very difficult thing to achieve.  If you were to get a chunk of your upper arm blown off that muscle doesn't just grow back, and with something like that heart that needs to be working in a very particular fashion it's even harder.

3. Have you seen the ballistics of a knife stab?  Eugh that's all I need to say.  Also think about the cleanliness of a knife versus a bullet
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:37:03 PM by Ben Grapevine »