Author Topic: Pecon's laser projects  (Read 6474 times)

As a continuation of http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=175331.0

I inlayed a Blockhead into plastic in my CADD class. I used the school's CO2 laser to cut pieces of plastic to the right shapes and sizes and then fit them together. Then I put it onto a piece of wood with instant cement.

Bad picture brought to you by low lighting. I was going to give the face and hands a skin color but there was no plastic in that color, so I just used the mirror plastic.
Imaged: The new Plastic Inlayed Blockhead (right) compared to the old one (left).

For Morningstar.

Those are just some examples of what I did in the past. I'd like suggestions on what I should work on now. I take requests, and if something is simple and I make it on wood I'll be glad to send it to you if you pay the shipping charge. You could also 'commission' me for more advanced items on more expensive materials, just PM me if you want to do something like that.

I still live in the bedroom.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:05:38 PM by pecon98 »

You should make your blockland character with the lasers
And how long did it took to make it?

Awesome. Looks really cool.

I also noticed that your bedroom is

The bedroom.

I still have the one I bought from you, it hang on my wall to the left of my computer. I love it.

Awesome. Looks really cool.

I also noticed that your bedroom is

The bedroom.

We all noticed that in his first topic of his first laser project. :)

I have a new teacher in the department that has the laser, and he decided to hike the prices of the materials... I guess I'll be unlikely to do any freebies, but I can still post the drawings themselves.

Google logo lazered onto wood

Tetris "L" Block upright design

(^ Separate requests)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:22:32 PM by Tetris »

We all noticed that in his first topic of his first laser project. :)
Well shoot
ascii terror face
This idea is good

can you send us pics of the bedroom?

I have a new teacher in the department that has the laser, and he decided to hike the prices of the materials... I guess I'll be unlikely to do any freebies, but I can still post the drawings themselves.
So what are the prices now?

So what are the prices now?
$3-4 for wood, depends on size
$21 for acrylic plastic
$~15 for anodized aluminum

You should make this

It was finished last week. I'm not going to engrave unless you want it so much as you help me pay for it.

Oh yeah I remember these