Darkness & Tango - Random Flaming and Creeps.

Author Topic: Darkness & Tango - Random Flaming and Creeps.  (Read 32508 times)

I don't know whose still doing it, But I counted all the prank calls from last night and today, The total is 36 Prank calls in last 24 hours. At night I will have to leave the phone off the hook I guess.
um, call your provider? pretty sure prank calling is a kind of harassment, and illegal. if nothing else, you could get the number(s) blocked

Badspot

• Administrator
I recognize Badspots lust for money, but maybe he could take one for the team and IP ban them?

Proxies, cell phone data plans, and the dwindling number of ipv4 addresses causing isps to recycle more rapidly has caused IP bans to be useless.  I'd rather have them just give me the money than spend money on one of these circumvention methods.  

Side note: with a little bit of effort virtually all proxies could be blocked.  The same proxy lists available to jerks are available to me, and they could be mined for hostnames and ips.  It's never been enough of an issue for me to go forward with it.

Re: prank calls

Leave the phone of the hook for a day or so, most jerks get bored by that point.  If the problem persists and you know who is doing it, you can actually contact the police because prank calling is IRL illegal.  Source: My mom is was a teacher, this stuff happened to us once every year or so.  

Proxies, cell phone data plans, and the dwindling number of ipv4 addresses causing isps to recycle more rapidly has caused IP bans to be useless.  I'd rather have them just give me the money than spend money on one of these circumvention methods.  

Side note: with a little bit of effort virtually all proxies could be blocked.  The same proxy lists available to jerks are available to me, and they could be mined for hostnames and ips.  It's never been enough of an issue for me to go forward with it.

Re: prank calls

Leave the phone of the hook for a day or so, most jerks get bored by that point.  If the problem persists and you know who is doing it, you can actually contact the police because prank calling is IRL illegal.  Source: My mom is was a teacher, this stuff happened to us once every year or so.  

Thanks. I did find that my ISP/Phone Provider gives you access to block cars of certain numbers, also to block private calls. I can't leave it off the hook for more than a night because our house phone is also my moms work phone.

Thanks. I did find that my ISP/Phone Provider gives you access to block cars of certain numbers, also to block private calls. I can't leave it off the hook for more than a night because our house phone is also my moms work phone.

It blocks private numbers? What if your mom gets a call from a shady business man?

It blocks private numbers? What if your mom gets a call from a shady business man?
She has 3 Clients.

srs business
A graphic designer can only to so many magazines.

lol it seems like baddy gets paid to ban idiots now too hahaha

lol it seems like baddy gets paid to ban idiots now too hahaha
Badspot could put his game on sale for 75% off again and ban the entire forums, and likely make a decent profit.

While that would be a really bad move for publicity, he would still get a lot of sales.

shes a very experienced hooker
I just don't know how to respond...

Badspot could put his game on sale for 75% off again and ban the entire forums, and likely make a decent profit.

While that would be a really bad move for publicity, he would still get a lot of sales.
"Breaking News: Indie developer Eric "Badspot" Hartman becomes a millionaire overnight!"

shes a very experienced hooker
's mother and

Together forever

"Breaking News: Indie developer Eric "Badspot" Hartman becomes a millionaire overnight!"
"Reports indicate he sold his soul to get said fortune, exclaims 'Worth it!'"

Just wondering, will there ever be a point where you ban someone so many times that every time they come back with a key you just ban them on the spot?