Author Topic: i'm mad because i can't install things  (Read 1764 times)

so basically, i have a computer time limit
at 8:45 my computer account gets logged out
at 8:30, 8:40, and 8:44 i get a popup telling me my time's almost up and i have to enter an admin password/username to give me extra time
i would add time pretty frequently if i was in the middle of something which resulted in me getting yelled at
i'm getting to the point soon don't worry
eventually, the account info i used to add time(my mom's account) got the admin revoked meaning i could no longer add more time
however this also means i can't install anything because it requires an admin pass/name as well
this is incredibly annoying because i want to install things ;-;

is there any way around this? or do i just have to live with not being able to install things until i'm older

Use the secret admin account.

Edit: It's a secret so don't tell anyone.

So why are you limiting yourself and raging here why you can't install stuff?

so basically, i have a computer time limit
at 8:45 my computer account gets logged out
at 8:30, 8:40, and 8:44 i get a popup telling me my time's almost up and i have to enter an admin password/username to give me extra time
i would add time pretty frequently if i was in the middle of something which resulted in me getting yelled at
i'm getting to the point soon don't worry
eventually, the account info i used to add time(my mom's account) got the admin revoked meaning i could no longer add more time
however this also means i can't install anything because it requires an admin pass/name as well
this is incredibly annoying because i want to install things ;-;

is there any way around this? or do i just have to live with not being able to install things until i'm older
I know your pain, shyGriff. I know your pain.
I'm 16 and my parents are ridiculously overprotective. They installed this thing too.
Except they can't figure out how to make it go in increments of anything other than an hour so I technically get punted at 9 but usually they just kick me off at 8:30.
It sucks, doesn't it?

So why are you limiting yourself and raging here why you can't install stuff?
what

also i'm just posting here because i'm annoyed and felt the need to talk about it, plus i wanted to know if there's a way around it

I know your pain, shyGriff. I know your pain.
I'm 16 and my parents are ridiculously overprotective. They installed this thing too.
Except they can't figure out how to make it go in increments of anything other than an hour so I technically get punted at 9 but usually they just kick me off at 8:30.
It sucks, doesn't it?

Make a new account and made it an admin...

Next time your mother is logged into her account, find out the password and make yourself administrator.
Make a new account and made it an admin...
Only administrators can make an account.

Next time your mother is logged into her account, find out the password and make yourself administrator.
i know her password but she's not an admin

Only administrators can make an account.
USE THE loving SECRET ADMIN ACCOUNT THEN.

i know her password but she's not an admin

So what, is nobody an Admin on your computer?

USE THE loving SECRET ADMIN ACCOUNT THEN.

we get it, you're not being helpful

So what, is nobody an Admin on your computer?
Who IS admin?
there's an admin account but i don't know the password and it's almost never used by anyone

There is an easy way around it.

Sad to say, I'd pay money to keep you off the computer / internet, so I would kill myself before helping you out in any way, shape or form.